The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
Wow Tom, just when I thought this B.I.G. couldn't get any better you go and add Tony McManus to the line up. There might still be time to see if Paul and Ringo are available, just sayin'.
Haha, you are the second one to mention Paul McCartney LOL. OK, I guess next year I will try to get Sir Paul to play!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MThomson View Post
Wow! Just wow! The lineup on both sides of the guitar was already mind blowing. And then you just took it above and beyond. Congratulations on an incredible show. Have an amazing time.
I wish you could come! Heck, I already promise Tony some Haggis, I can always order enough for two!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
Tony McManus??????? Wow, just wow
Thank you! I feel like if anyone did not see this event as a legitimate show, Tony will hopefully show people we are not messing around and want to make this a yearly show that is the real deal! We have close to 90% of the people that were at the first show coming back for this one, so that means a lot to us as well!
Old 05-08-2021, 07:44 PM

Tom, this is truly impressive. You ran a great show in version 1, but with the number and collective reputation of luthiers and performers at B.I.G. #2, you're taking it squarely into an International Guitar Event! Kudos for the vision, courage and raw work you and Kathy are investing to make it happen. Pretty soon Sir Paul will be asking you if he could please get an invite to perform at your home...

On my end I'm pushing to rewire Labor Day commitments - I'd love to join!
Old 05-10-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Cedar View Post
Tom, this is truly impressive. You ran a great show in version 1, but with the number and collective reputation of luthiers and performers at B.I.G. #2, you're taking it squarely into an International Guitar Event! Kudos for the vision, courage and raw work you and Kathy are investing to make it happen. Pretty soon Sir Paul will be asking you if he could please get an invite to perform at your home...

On my end I'm pushing to rewire Labor Day commitments - I'd love to join!
Thank you for the kind words. I hope you can rearrange your schedule as one thing I know for sure, we are going to have one heck of a great weekend!!!!

I would consider Sir Paul should he ask politely. I have an inside story about a fellow who lives about an hour away from us in TX who has had his share of country hits, but we decided against his coming to the first one for fear of the distraction his entourage would cause LOL. I will gladly tell the story in person to anyone who comes, but probably best not told here!

Still have some spots folks!!!! It is going to be epic!
Old 05-11-2021, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

Now if you could just get Beppe Gambetta to come and play with Tony!!

Mark Hatcher Pina Parlor Torrified Maple/Cedar
Stephen Kinnaird 00 B&W Ebony/Engelmann Spruce
Simon Fay African Blackwood/Sinker Redwood
Wolfgang Jellinghaus Torres Modelo 43S Maple/Spruce
K Yairi CYTM Maple/Cedar
Old 05-12-2021, 08:26 AM

Adding Tony McManus is an offer I can't refuse. I just need to make my bosses an offer they can't refuse.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck7 View Post
Now if you could just get Beppe Gambetta to come and play with Tony!!
Haha, you are killing me here. I already have requests for Sir Paul and Tommy E. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
Adding Tony McManus is an offer I can't refuse. I just need to make my bosses an offer they can't refuse.
Yes, I was hoping Tony would put a few people over the hump here. Your bosses need to get real!

Anyone else interested in coming, just shoot me a PM and I will get right back to you and answer any questions you may have or give you more info! We are starting to see some of the guitars that are being built for the show. The entertainment will be out of this world as well.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I hear that the pleasure will be all mine!!!

Thank you Steve, we are trying, I hope to see many AGF members there as well!

Oh boy, I hope so Rick, you would love it and we would love to have you! Retirement is suppose to bring fun things to you that you could not do before!

Oh boy Stan, with Steve being the first to sign up, I knew you could not stay away!

OK, well this is a problem. We picked it because it was a 3 day weekend already and thought that would help people find the time to come. I have consulted with the lovely Kathy, an expert on all things romantic, and she says SA is a great place to have an anniversary. In fact we can set you up with a nice itinerary of small towns around with fantastic restaurants and wineries all within 45 minutes of the house. Spend a couple of days here and then take a few days to visit some of these places, Fredericksburg, Wimberly, Gruene, Austin etc. We will hook you up! Also lots of spouses coming so she would not be alone!

Tom
Can you post a link to a website or info about the show? Thanks!
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class
Old 05-18-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seannx View Post
Can you post a link to a website or info about the show? Thanks!

If you want more information such as cost, lodging, etc. Please send me a PM with your email address and I will forward you a listing of all the details.

Thanks

Last edited by TomB'sox; 05-18-2021 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:06 AM
Charter Member

My wife and I recently signed up to attend and are really looking forward to it and excited about attending and meeting some fellow AGF'ers.....and even though I live in Texas, it's sure a lot prettier in the Texas Hill Country....YEE-HAH!!
  • Takamine 2006 Ltd.
  • Takamine EAC48C
  • Takamine ESF40C
  • Tama #3561 Dread
  • Whelan Dreadnought
  • Whelan Grand Auditorium
  • Yamaki YW-80
Old 05-20-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhelan56 View Post
My wife and I recently signed up to attend and are really looking forward to it and excited about attending and meeting some fellow AGF'ers.....and even though I live in Texas, it's sure a lot prettier in the Texas Hill Country....YEE-HAH!!
We are very happy it will work out for you this year. I know you have friends coming so that works out perfectly plus as you say, you will meet many new ones for sure!!! It really is amazing how nice everyone was last show!
Old 05-20-2021, 08:38 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhelan56 View Post
Jim, it will be good to see you again. I get asked occasionally what the “JW” stands for on all those cam clamps (you sold us). Now we can just point and say ”that feller”.

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 05-21-2021, 03:55 PM
Charter Member

Thanks to all for organizing looks like a great event. I have sent in my response and will be attending

Looking forward to meeting some new people from the Agf and in particular anyone else that might be attending from the Seattle area.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
Jim, it will be good to see you again. I get asked occasionally what the “JW” stands for on all those cam clamps (you sold us). Now we can just point and say ”that feller”.

Steve
Thanks Steve. It will be good to see you again as well. Glad those cam clamps are getting some good use.

I may wind up bringing the two guitars I still have that I built back in the early 2000's as a member of L.I.N.T. I'll be excited to see, hear, and play the guitars that you and others will bring to this event.
  • Takamine 2006 Ltd.
  • Takamine EAC48C
  • Takamine ESF40C
  • Tama #3561 Dread
  • Whelan Dreadnought
  • Whelan Grand Auditorium
  • Yamaki YW-80
Old 05-29-2021, 02:13 PM

B.I.G. is more than just guitars and music. It is about these interactions and long lost friends coming together. We have two sets of college mates coming that have not see each other for a long time. We have customers reuniting with luthiers and just friends from the first one coming again. It is so much more than just guitars. I think this really makes it unique.

Please reach out if interested, still have plenty of room, but some of the events of the weekend are getting close to full.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
Thanks to all for organizing looks like a great event. I have sent in my response and will be attending

Looking forward to meeting some new people from the Agf and in particular anyone else that might be attending from the Seattle area.
We do have other folks coming from Washington, not sure how close to Seattle, but close enough you can talk about rain or something hahahahah.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop