The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 12-20-2019, 07:22 AM
Charter Member

Default NGD, my first Archtop ... so now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemonk View Post
I'm not Mr. Beaumont, but I'm pretty sure what he means is not to restrict your jazz listening to guitar in your journey to internalizing jazz music and not just guitar music.
Understood. Works out for me because I’m a big fan of horns, reeds, and piano as well.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
”... But, I go back to my original comment...let your own ears pick the one for you.

Good luck!”
Thanks for all those suggestions, and for the insight ... I’m leaning toward the blues cube because it seems rather versatile, has been received as having reasonably good tone, sounds good to me, and has that output pot that will allow me to play it at various power levels without losing too much tone at lower volumes - also affordable, as you noted ... Looking at it as a first amp - more than likely not the last.

Thanks again!
Old 12-20-2019, 01:05 PM
Charter Member

Gents,

What is your opinion of Frank Vignola’s Modern Method for Guitar as offered by Truefire?

Thanks!
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 01-02-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
Gents,

What is your opinion of Frank Vignola’s Modern Method for Guitar as offered by Truefire?

Thanks!

I’ve got this lesson, it’s an excellent workout that will keep you occupied for many hours. Its starts with a solid foundation of learning the fretboard and picking techniques then moves on to scales maj/min/7th etc then incorporates 251’s and more jazz specific ideas. It’s not entirely Jazz orientated but an all round Vignola method. Couple it with some standards specific lessons and it will keep you occupied for a long long time

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops