The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-17-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyFB View Post
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aekw617lx...I9eW58ksVu5F4a

this guitar made me want to be a better guitar player. It has a bright and well balanced tone, superb action, and it's just as pretty as can be.

it also gave me G.A.S. and I've since acquired two other acoustics and now want to get an electric.

to avoid a severe GAS attack, I would like to sell it, or swap it for an electric hollow body with dual humbuckers (old Gibson ES175, or some other 'warm and creamy' sounding model)

There's a classified listing for this.

cheerios!
NOYCE axe there.

Starting to wish I had not started this thread. The temptation ... oh good Lord!
Old 09-18-2014, 11:41 PM

2006 Breedlove Atlas AD20/SR Plus.

On the day I bought this guitar, I had never heard of Breedlove and I was primarily an electric player looking for a Martin. I didn't know much about acoustic guitars 8 years ago, but I had a good enough ear to know what I like.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:54 AM

The only guitar I regret selling was my Breedlove Passport dreadnought. It was simple, but pure and unique. I liked the headstock it didn't look like any other guitar. I sold it to make way for a Taylor 314ce. I miss it still, my only comfort is that I sold it to a priest and it is being played somewhere in a church. But I have learned one thing: Never sell something you love.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:25 AM

Everybody who plays this loves it. Even non players-I put it in their lap and strum it and they get a big smile on their face. 2003 Sitka/Rosewood. Same guitar in different lighting.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:38 AM

Just got my Breedlove Axis Masterclass last month:

Old 09-25-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulzoom View Post
Just got my Breedlove Axis Masterclass last month:

I've seen the video. That is one sweet axe!

Is this the one you have for sale?
Old 09-25-2014, 11:55 PM

My contribution...personally I love breedlove guitars. as someone stated earlier for the $1000-1500 price point they are a great buy. I even had a nice buy @ $500 for the 12 string below!

ac25/sr plus
no date but serial 06062719. from what i read online this serial doesn't fit into their regular serial pattern. if anyone can decipher this for me i would really appreciate it. i am the original owner and think i may have gotten it around 2006, 2007.

12 string - i am the original owner but i don't know the model/date offhand. i will look tomorrow and post it back!
update: model - Passport C250/SMe-12 serial starts with 1302 so i assume it was made in february 2013.

Both together in a pic (12 string top left and 6 string bottom right)

Last edited by Twilo123; 09-26-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:09 AM

Cripes, weren't you nervous that 12 string was going to fall off the couch?
Old 09-26-2014, 03:43 AM

Here's my Breedlove MasterClass Custom A25/RCe Sinker & Cocobolo with Evo Gold frets, Gotoh 510's, and Breedlove/Baggs Tru-Voice system.

McPherson Redwood/EIR #1
McPherson Redwood/EIR #2
Breedlove MasterClass Custom Sinker Redwood/Cocobolo
Taylor Custom GA Redwood/Maple
Taylor Custom GA Cedar/Maple
Taylor T5Z Pro
Yamaha A3R
Gurian Spruce/Brazilian Rosewood
Line 6 Variax 700
VoyageAir VAOM-06
VoyageAir VAOM-1C
Old 09-26-2014, 03:51 AM

I had the Atlas series on the right for a couple of years before parting with it in a multi-instrument trade that brought home my Larrivée (not shown):

1977 Martin M-38
1982 Stelling Staghorn
2013 Larrivée D-40R
2014 Andrew White Eos 1011 (sold)
2016 Pisgah Possum
Old 09-26-2014, 04:13 AM

Default Show us your BREEDLOVES

Are they still in business? I haven't seen any new ones in my local GC for quite some time .
Old 09-26-2014, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2PraiseHim View Post
Are they still in business? I haven't seen any new ones in my local GC for quite some time .
Heck yeah, Breedlove is still in business.

The amazing thing is that your local Guitar Center is still in business. Chances are Breedlove smartened up and stopped extending them credit.

Here are number of nice domestic Breedloves hanging at Hartland Music here in my hood. Unlike GC, they pay cash up front ...

Old 09-26-2014, 05:39 AM

Default Show us your BREEDLOVES

That's good to know. Like Larrivee , they offer a good product yet they seem to be a little harder to find and don't get much mention here.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2PraiseHim View Post
That's good to know. Like Larrivee , they offer a good product yet they seem to be a little harder to find and don't get much mention here.
Yeah -- I played Larrivees exclusively until by attrition -- without any conscious plan to do so -- both were traded in for Breedloves. Both Breedlove and Larrivee struggle with distribution primarily because GC is so hard on vendors from a financial perspective. Now, a lot of instrument manufacturers stand to take it in the teeth if GC goes under. So I am glad they worked that deal with their main creditor. Otherwise, there would have been shockwaves throughout the musical instrument industry.

This place really started out as a Taylor forum, so a certain degree of Taylor centrism is natural. Martin and Gibson are the other 800-pound gorillas, so they will be well-represented. Larrivee has its own very active forum, which is fantastic. I still pop in there now and again even though I am on the outside looking in. Larrivee's position seems to be to focus mostly on product, and let the product kind of sell itself. That artisnal approach is appealing, IMHO.

Breedlove is still a very new company, so they are pretty much in that insurgency state. From my conversations with them (they are extremely accessible) I know they are looking at a need for more online community stuff, but are pretty busy making guitars.

Last edited by HAMFIST; 09-26-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:22 AM

I'm fortunate enough to own two Breedlove instruments: a big 'un and a little 'un:

2004 Breedlove Revival DR, and a 2005 Breedlove Olympic mandolin. I bought them both used and they are both fantastic instruments:

My Music (Guaranteed bagipe free!): https://soundcloud.com/derek_barlas

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
breedlove