The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-30-2020, 08:07 PM

Default I was sceptical now I'm amazed!

Ok I was rooting around earlier today in one of my old electric guitar cases and found a small case in the inside pocket that I never knew I had. It was full of picks all gauges and brands you can think of and there has to be around 100 or so. I started experimenting on my Emeralds with them and was amazed what I found and now understand what Tony is talking about in that video. Not only pick gauge but material made a big difference as well. It was pretty drastic on the carbon guitars and more subtle on my wooden guitars. I found the heavier gauge picks to produce a sound I didn't like (lucky me I don't use them anyways). In the end I liked a 0.5mm celluloid pick the best and that's what I'll be using from now on. We all have different preferences for tone. I was sceptical and now I'm a believer and can't believe that it made that much difference on a carbon fiber guitar. It also translates to amplification also. My HFN in my X20 which was only decent before now sounds much better.

Thanks for this thread it opened my eyes a little! I suggest others give different picks a try you might also be amazed!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber