The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-03-2021, 08:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offkey View Post
The Eastman E2OM from Fret Central in Minneapolis arrived yesterday late afternoon. I don't think NGD is appropriate until I have had one for a few days. Let us get a bit acquainted first. My impression so far is very favorable, I am transitioning from 00 size to OM size and that colors my thought. This is a lovely looking guitar, subdued and a satin type finish. Straight grained cedar top and nice dark sapele back and sides, the dark tortoise trim finishes it nicely. The nut and saddle are well cut and the setup is good but perhaps not perfect for me. I might in a few days lower the nut slots ever so slightly. The low E at the 12 fret is between.90 and .100". The tone is clear and rich with a bit of color, for lack of a better word. I am surprised to find how comfortable the OM is for me. I thought 00 was so much better, but found myself craving a bit more horsepower. Two thumbs up! I do need to find a hard case for it.
Enjoy it! Almost all Eastmans I've had came with high nut slots unles the guitar was setup by the dealer. That's an easy enough fix. The necks on all of them have been great with nicely rolled edges. I hope they still did that on the E2 models.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:57 AM

Quote:
The Eastman E2OM from Fret Central in Minneapolis arrived yesterday late afternoon......I might in a few days lower the nut slots ever so slightly. The low E at the 12 fret is between.90 and .100".....I do need to find a hard case for it.
Their website specs the action at 2.3 mm (~0.9"). I set my guitars up for 2.0 mm, so on my first string change I sanded down the saddle a little (nut slots were fine - no changes needed there). It's still just a touch high, so I'll sand a little more next string change (Curt Mangan round core phosphor bronze 12's, of course).

I got this Gator Journeyman 335 case for mine (from Sweetwater).
Old 12-04-2021, 07:03 AM

I just spent a very enjoyable 1/2 hour with mine and a cup of coffee. This guitar is a $500 no-brainer in my book!
Gibson J200
Furch MC Yellow Gc-CR SPA
Guild G212
Eastman E2OM-CD
Old 12-04-2021, 07:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
Enjoy it! Almost all Eastmans I've had came with high nut slots unles the guitar was setup by the dealer. That's an easy enough fix. The necks on all of them have been great with nicely rolled edges. I hope they still did that on the E2 models.
There is a nice little roll on the edges of the fretboard which does contribute to the comfortable feel this guitar has.

I am also enjoying the dynamic range it offers. It does not demand to be loud like a few I have played, early morning it can be soft and respectful of others who sleep later. Yet later on when you ask for it the cedar top can sing pretty loud.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

I am putting Martin Retro 12 strings on and took a couple shots of the light braces inside. Clean work, maybe they didn't use glue?? Har har.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I am putting Martin Retro 12 strings on and took a couple shots of the light braces inside. Clean work, maybe they didn't use glue?? Har har.

Thanks for these shots! Those braces look clean and light.

I ordered an E2OM 10 days ago and UPS has had it in their possession ever since due to inclement weather. I am enjoying the guitar vicariously through everyone’s posts. [emoji16]
Old 01-13-2022, 07:41 PM
Charter Member

Funny I just down with mine tonight. I’d say even for double the price I’d still be impressed by the build and tone. Wish Eastman had a few models with maple or cherry B&S but I guess we can’t have it all. Don’t hesitate to get one of these!
Old 01-13-2022, 07:48 PM
Charter Member

Eastman has switched to a plywood block under fretboard extension and above the neck block and removed the tongue brace on these newer models as is shown above.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:01 PM

My first Eastman was a E2 OM and I like Eastman. I've had 3. The E2 OM that I sold and quickly bought the E10 OM and an AR372 and I really like the 372 and E10 OM a lot
Old 01-13-2022, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llew View Post
Playing my E2D-CD (dread version) on the front porch this morning a half step down with 12's. Think it's found a new home in that tuning. Huge voice! Big congrats on the E2OM!
Nice. I have the very same guitar and had not tried stepping it down. I just did it and it sounds great! I've been using Martin 80/20 strings in 12-56 and enjoying those strings a lot on this guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion