The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-05-2021, 11:36 AM

College Football Playoffs final standings:

Source: Espn: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...otball-playoff

No. 1 Alabama will face No. 4 Cincinnati on New Year's Eve, and No. 2 Michigan will face No. 3 Georgia in the other CFP semifinal game. The winners will play on Jan. 10 in the national championship game in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:47 AM
Charter Member

And a great time will be had by all! Can't wait.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:49 AM

Thankfully we will finally see if Cincinnati and Alabama are really all that. I'm still not a believer. Bama plays a weak schedule. Yes we all know these are set up years in advance and East Gum Shoe Tech wants to play the Crimson Tide. Yesterday we all got to see once again that Georgia has a good not great QB.
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)
Old 12-05-2021, 02:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahitijack View Post
Thankfully we will finally see if Cincinnati and Alabama are really all that. I'm still not a believer. Bama plays a weak schedule. Yes we all know these are set up years in advance and East Gum Shoe Tech wants to play the Crimson Tide. Yesterday we all got to see once again that Georgia has a good not great QB.

Alabama’s strength of schedule ranking is the number one most difficult schedule in the nation followed by Georgia and then Ohio State. That is based on empirical data. Cincinnati’s strength of schedule rank is 48th.
Here’s a link:

https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ength-by-other

Every team usually has some cupcake teams that have been scheduled years in advance- which is how East Gum Shoe Tech funds their athletic department. It’s an odd set up to be sure. But apparently that’s why they want to play Bama,Georgia or Ohio State. They make upwards of a million an appearance.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
Alabama’s strength of schedule ranking is the number one most difficult schedule in the nation followed by Georgia and then Ohio State. That is based on empirical data. Cincinnati’s strength of schedule rank is 48th.
Here’s a link:

https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ength-by-other

Every team usually has some cupcake teams that have been scheduled years in advance- which is how East Gum Shoe Tech funds their athletic department. It’s an odd set up to be sure. But apparently that’s why they want to play Bama,Georgia or Ohio State. They make upwards of a million an appearance.
Yes, teams can makes lots of $$$ to play at another team's stadium that is sure to be a blowout.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Bama plays a weak schedule???
Old 12-05-2021, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

I’ve said here repeatedly that Alabama was not the dominant team they once were- just not as good a team. I was absolutely certain Georgia would beat them. Georgia bullied everyone they played after their first game against Clemson- which they narrowly won. So seeing Alabama put up 41 points on the number one defense in college football this year has me doubting my assumptions. They are better than I thought they were.

Vegas odds have Alabama over Cincinnati (13.5) and Georgia over Michigan (6.5). I think both games should be fun to watch. Michigan has a better chance at an upset than Cincinnati but I wouldn’t rule out a Cincinnati vs Michigan final.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussL30 View Post
Bama plays a weak schedule???

My thoughts exactly!! Every team plays a middle school team or 2 each year, but there’s NOTHING weak about Bama’s schedule!

2019 Bourgeois “Banjo Killer” Aged Tone Vintage Deluxe D
2018 Martin D41 Ambertone (2018 Reimagined)
2016 Taylor GS Mini Koa ES2
Old 12-05-2021, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Alabama as of yesterday, is demonstrably all that. Not sure what more they could do. Cincinnati as well, didn't push around Notre Dame at their place and go unbeaten because they are a fraud. Will those past performances guarantee their future ones? Let's ask Kirby Smart...
Old 12-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOG01 View Post
Alabama as of yesterday, is demonstrably all that. Not sure what more they could do. Cincinnati as well, didn't push around Notre Dame at their place and go unbeaten because they are a fraud. Will those past performances guarantee their future ones? Let's ask Kirby Smart...

I think that sums it up very nicely.
Thanks.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:52 AM
AGF Sponsor

Cincy would seem to be the weak sister of the four, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Bama really put the wood to Georgia.

I think it's tough to bet against Nick Saban. Overall his program has been the #1 dominant program in college football for the past decade (please argue if you disagree). I pick The Tide to win it all, and I believe Vegas will predict that as well. Again, I'd love to be proven wrong, but geez, the guy is good, and probably also the best recruiter in the nation.

I doubt Georgia will look much better if it has a rematch with Bama. I'd love Michigan to win the whole thing.

BTW, no one in this thread mentioned that incredible goal-line stand of Baylor vs OK State at the end of regulation. Truly one for the ages. Check in out...

Old 12-06-2021, 07:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Cincy would seem to be the weak sister of the four, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Bama really put the wood to Georgia.

I think it's tough to bet against Nick Saban. Overall his program has been the #1 dominant program in college football for the past decade (please argue if you disagree). I pick The Tide to win it all, and I believe Vegas will predict that as well. Again, I'd love to be proven wrong, but geez, the guy is good, and probably also the best recruiter in the nation.

I doubt Georgia will look much better if it has a rematch with Bama. I'd love Michigan to win the whole thing.

BTW, no one in this thread mentioned that incredible goal-line stand of Baylor vs OK State at the end of regulation. Truly one for the ages. Check in out...

Thanks for sharing this. I missed it - only saw the replay of the 4th down attempt. Pretty amazing effort by the Baylor defense!

Michigan certainly could win it all. It just depends on which version of each team shows up on game day. And as we have seen this season that can be highly variable.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

…yep….Cristobal bolted for Miami….very much looking forward to Oregon finding a coach who doesn’t pace the sideline looking like he’s trying to find someone to punch out….come back Chip…we still love you…
Old 12-06-2021, 11:30 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I missed it - only saw the replay of the 4th down attempt. Pretty amazing effort by the Baylor defense!

Michigan certainly could win it all. It just depends on which version of each team shows up on game day. And as we have seen this season that can be highly variable.
That last play of Baylor's goal line stand is so inspiring. Talk about a game of inches. That guy could not have missed the TD by more than six inches. And great camera angles from every which way.

Agree on Michigan. I don't know if anyone can beat Alabama if they're hitting on all cylinders, but Michigan of the other three teams seems to match up best.

scott memmer
Old 12-06-2021, 11:32 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Patrick View Post
…yep….Cristobal bolted for Miami….very much looking forward to Oregon finding a coach who doesn’t pace the sideline looking like he’s trying to find someone to punch out….come back Chip…we still love you…
Oregon is a constant disappointment. They always get rated highly till they get crunched near the end of the season. Them seem to be constantly overrated.

sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic