The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-03-2021, 06:33 AM

Default USB-Mixer question.

Does anyone know of a USB-Mixer that sends each strip POST-EQ/FX? Most of the ones I looked at (and the one I have) send strips PRE-EQ/FX only on each channel (USB to DAW). I'd much refer a Post-EQ/FX option (not just the final mix option). Is there a mixer with 4 or more such USB channels? Thanks.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
Does anyone know of a USB-Mixer that sends each strip POST-EQ/FX? Most of the ones I looked at (and the one I have) send strips PRE-EQ/FX only on each channel (USB to DAW). I'd much refer a Post-EQ/FX option (not just the final mix option). Is there a mixer with 4 or more such USB channels? Thanks.
I'm doubting that will be possible. Mixers normally use a single "effects engine" to add effects to the output busses, so a manufacturer would need to add a separate effects engine for each channel, which would have limited market appeal.

Most users would want each channel sent "dry" so if they were individually recorded the individual channels could be processed separately in their DAW application.

With digital technology it would be possible, it's a matter of finding a manufacturer that thinks it is a marketable option in a mixer.

If you REALLY want to use your mixer EFX you could select two channels at a time, muting the others, and pan them hard left and right and record that "mix". You would do that for all the tracks you are using and then combine those "master mixes" in your DAW. It's kludgy, but it would work.

Last edited by Rudy4; 12-03-2021 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:29 AM

My Behringer XR18 digital mixer lets you select the USB tap point for each channel.

I don't know of an analog mixer that does this.

2012 Martin HD-28V
1984 Martin Shenandoah D-2832
2018 Gretsch G5420TG
Oscar Schmidt Autoharp, unknown vintage
ToneDexter
Bugera V22 Infinium

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification