The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-17-2021, 08:55 PM

One of my favorite guitarists, daddystovepipe, reviewed a Canna guitar today. I have no idea what model this one is but pretty cool. He is ordering one for himself so I would call that a pretty solid endorsement.

Old 11-19-2021, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Very impressive. It sounds, and looks, very good. Some fascinating stuff on their website - not least of which is that their prices are very comparable to what we’re used to seeing for other composite instruments.

It will be interesting to watch their progress!
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 11-19-2021, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

Well, if you buy one of these guitars and you decide you don't like it, you can always smoke it?

Cannabis based stuff is rather popular, but I think it is with good reason though I am not sure about a guitar. That brings back memories of a Cheech and Chong skit in one of their movies driving a truck made of weed.

Anyway, I was introduced to CBD based products on a trip to Arkansas visiting my wife's sisters. I get lower arthritic back pain, and had that while visiting. One of my SILs had a CBD cream and I tried it on my back. It worked and I was impressed.

So, if you are feeling emotional pain, maybe a cannabis-based guitar can temporarily take away that pain. I really enjoyed the music being played in the demo videos shared in this thread and playing that kind of music would certainly help ease any stress.

Tony
Old 11-21-2021, 04:07 PM
Charter Member

I love the look and the idea. When I saw this thread a little over a year ago I went to their website and emailed them looking for more information and received zero response so I just forgot about it.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:55 PM

There's a nice demo video and a thread on these now over in the main section.

Fay OM Sinker Redwood/Tiger Myrtle
Sexauer L00 Adk/Magnolia For Sale
Hatcher Jumbo Bearclaw/"Bacon" Padauk
Goodall Jumbo POC/flamed Mahogany
Appollonio 12 POC/Myrtle
MJ Franks Resonator, all Australian Blackwood
Goodman J45 Lutz/fiddleback Mahogany
Blackbird "Lucky 13" - carbon fiber
'31 National Duolian
+ many other stringed instruments.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:37 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Has anyone played a Canna guitar?
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 02-03-2023, 09:25 AM

Regarding Methos: if they will not respond to an email about the possibility of selling one of their instruments, are they going to have any customer support AFTER you buy one? I know nothing about this brand, they may be stellar….

Being in retail (fly fishing), there a couple of brands that we will not carry OR send them in for repair due to their lack of customer support. And they are VERY nice rods….
Old 09-25-2023, 02:33 PM

I'm pretty sure Canna is just one guy, sourcing all of the materials, handling CS and fulfillment, and all other services, in addition to making each guitar. He has the bodies made to his spec, but he builds everything else.

I'd been watching his work for a while and sent him a message at some point, probaby a PM a on YouTube. That led an extensive conversation where he was very generous with his time and ideas. Months later I got back to him as I'd decided to get one of his guitars. He has spent almost a year building me an archtop, his first. He did a prototype, then made me a part of the process for my guitar.

It has been an absolutely amazing experience. He really knows his stuff, about both making guitars and the various material he uses.

I'd bet that since this was first archtop, he included more than he usually does, but I don't think getting one of his guitars will ever be just a matter of picking one or filling in an older form. If you are really interested, stick with it, don't give up. He is on the usual social media. That might be a better way to reach him.

I can't wait to get my hands on this thing.

Cheers!
Old 09-28-2023, 12:05 PM

UPDATE: I got an email from Jakob Frank today (9/28). He discovered Canna's contact page was broken. He fixed and it is up and running. He's getting a lot of interest after Guitar Summit.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber