The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-29-2022, 12:44 PM

Default Experience With Yorkville EXM Mobile 8?

I have seen few people on this site mentioning the Yorkville EXM Mobile 8. I heard it is louder than the other battery operated speakers available. One big downside, it does not have a user replaceable battery.
Old 05-29-2022, 11:33 PM

I asked about it a while back. Didn’t get many responses. I suspect not too many people are buying it/taking it seriously.

When I was looking at battery powered speakers, it came up. I wanted to support Yorkville as it’s a Canadian company. I a/b’d it with the Bose S1 pro and the difference in the sound quality between the two was immediately clear. The Bose was clear and articulate, while the EXM Mobile was not even in the same ballpark, which was disappointing. Even the sales person at Long and Mcquade was clearly hoping it would sound better. That’s not to say don’t try it. I’m not exactly an expert, and I’d like to hear contrasting opinions.

From the little I could find about it online, it seems like it’s maybe better suited to DJs/karaoke type situations than a singer/songwriter or solo performer.

I ultimately ended up buying the Eon One Compact because I got a good deal on it, and I’ve been pretty pleased with it. I know some see the Bluetooth app as a drawback, but I really like it.
Old 05-30-2022, 08:43 PM

Default JBL….

I looked at the Yorkville product and the Bose S1
But I chose the JBL eon One Compact. Glad I did, too.

L

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification