The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-03-2018, 02:29 AM

Is there any news on this?
Old 10-03-2018, 08:04 AM

From his blog:

Well, it’s bee a couple of months since the Hexham workshop was broken into. Thanks for all your kind emails. There has been a little bit of progress – one instrument turned up. It turned up at Cash Converters in Jarrow. Someone bought it from there for £40! They weren’t sure how to string it up so took it to a guitar shop. The shop owner let me know and the instrument was returned to the owner. Great. I sent the shop owner a reward for his honesty.

You’d think that would be the key to finding the rest, wouldn’t you? Whoever took the instrument to Cash Converters may well be able to lead the Police to the rest of the haul. But it seems that isn’t how these things work. It’s over a month since that instrument was found, and there has been no further progress.

If you see or hear of anything, please let me know. Email is the best way to get me. I’m not much of a one for phones. You can ring Ralph if you come across something.

So, it’s one down, quite a few more to go.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:55 AM

Someone bought a NK Forster instrument from Cash Converters for £40.... must mean Cash Converters paid ...what £30 for it....??

I know they're not a well know "brand" but I imagine they'd at the very least "look" shiney and expensive... Even the most dog earred knock off strat is selling for £50 in cash converters.

Very strange turn of events!! Hope they get the rest back!
Fender 'Nashville' Telecaster
Gordon Smith GS1.5
Old 10-09-2018, 09:33 PM

Cash Converters paid £20 for a £5K guitar bouzouki and sold it for £40. When I rang them, they explained because it was "unbranded" (I put no logo on the head, and the label had been ripped out) it's automatically £20 or nothing.

If you're passing Jarrow Cash Converters, you might want to call in, there are some bargains to be had!

Nigel
Old 02-23-2019, 03:32 AM

Any updates?
Old 02-24-2019, 07:53 PM

No news from NK. I will dig deeper.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:35 AM

Thanks a lot.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:48 AM

This kind of thing is terrible to see and hear about! Hopefully there’s more recovery success over time... Best wishes!
Old 04-03-2019, 08:58 AM

The latest news:
https://www.nkforsterguitars.com/blo...rglary-update/
Old 04-03-2019, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Sarad View Post
Thanks for posting the update, Matt. It is heartening to see Nick's compassion in all of this and I do hope that he is able to recover his instruments over time. Truly a sad situation.

Best,
Jayne
Old 04-03-2019, 09:24 AM

Thanks Matt.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
Thanks for posting the update, Matt. It is heartening to see Nick's compassion in all of this and I do hope that he is able to recover his instruments over time. Truly a sad situation.

Best,
Jayne
I don't know how it works in the UK, but here in the States...a fellow like that who is a well known, long time in the trade and oft convicted thief would be VERY well known to any and all the local Pawn Shops and Buy and Sell Shops...and Used/Second Hand Shops and Music Stores...where he attempted to sell his stolen goods. So the only shops that would take items from a person like that...here in the US...without calling the Police during the process of "acquiring" the items, would themselves be a very dishonest shop.

Here where I live in Oregon, a person like that would be well known to all the various shops that would handle gear like that all throughout the greater Portland/Vancouver Metropolitan area, and even quite a ways around the major shops throughout the states of Oregon and Washington.

You would think that the law enforcement folks over in the UK who made the arrest would work this fellow for the info about what he did with the instruments and at least make a cursory attempt at finding them. Guys with a record a long as that man are well known to the police, and where he would usually do business as well.

Alas...such appears to possibly not be the case.

Keeping fingers crossed for NK...for the safe return of his yet lost instruments.

duff
Be A Player...Not A Polisher

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop