The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-15-2012, 07:58 PM

Default TWO Kolayas in San Diego! Want to give them a try?

This is part two of the Kolaya in San Diego story!

Just this afternoon the Tornillo Carmen arrived on its road trip, and I've had a chance to play it next to its Amazon Rosewood sibling. They are both very, very nice guitars. The Tornillo Carmen has a bit more bass than the AR Carmen, which I suspect stems from the bracing differences in the two instruments. The Tornillo uses "standard" bracing under the top, and the AR uses lattice bracing. (The first one Brad has tried.) As I recall from discussions here, lattice bracing can be a bit tricky, so Brad's done a really good job on this.

Both guitars excel when fingerpicked. I hear a shimmering from both that is quite endearing. Both are also very clear; I have little trouble hearing the notes I am playing, which is unusual for me.

So, I repeat my invitation – if anyone wants to give them a try, just shoot me an email at sachiwilson-at-sbcglobal-dot-net. I'll hang on to them for another week or so.

Kolaya Carmen, Trek parlor (by Harv L), Martin 000-28EC, Taylor GC-5 and 355.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Me

Hey - that could be fun. Let's take it off line and see if we can get together. I hope you are in North County.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
Hey - that could be fun. Let's take it off line and see if we can get together. I hope you are in North County.
No, but I have a car. Let's work it out!

Kolaya Carmen, Trek parlor (by Harv L), Martin 000-28EC, Taylor GC-5 and 355.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:36 PM

Thank you, Sachi!! For those of you who ARE interested, they are oth also for sale. Visit www.kolayaco.com for more details and information.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop