The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-18-2001, 12:49 AM

Talking It finally arrived!!!!!

Hey what can I say, I am soooo happy! My 514c finally came in yesterday and I have someone to thank for that. Well, two people actually. The first person in particular is Buddiesorg. She was at Buffalo Bros. yesterday to check on the status of her GSGW and happened to ask Bob how come I haven't gotten my guitar yet. Actually, to here Bob tell it, he said she was bugging him about my guitar and made him dig around in the back through the piles of guitars they had received in the last couple days looking to see if it was there. And what do you know, they found my guitar! Apparently they had gotten a lot of guitars in and had not been able to sort through them all yet. I might have had to wait a few more agonizing days if she didn't make Bob go find it! She was still there when I called and Bob put her on the phone. Thankyou again Buddiesorg!

The second person is JW. I must say JW that I was walking into the house with a new set of strings that I had just bought for my ole Yamaha when I found the message on my machine stating that my 514c had just arrived. It was like Black Magic or something! I should have bought those strings weeks ago!

Now to the good part. This guitar sounds absolutely wonderful! I must say that is was worth the wait. Every note rings out so clear and clean. I can't put it down! So easy to play! The Koa rosette against the ceder is just beautiful. I really like the rosewood bindings as well. Simple elegance I guess would be the best way to describe this guitar. I have a little bit of a buzz going on with the A string and D string but I will take the time tomorrow and see if I can adjust that myself. If not, it looks like a good reason to go visit the factory again while I have them take a look at it. I am going to try and get pics up as soon as I can.

Well, gotta go. She's calling my name again!

Shea
Old 04-18-2001, 01:20 AM

Hi Shea! I'm glad you love your guitar. I hope it sounds as good as it looks. I didn't even touch it, let alone play it.

And I really didn't bug Bob about your guitar that much (you know he exaggerates a bit) ... just was telling Gary a story of another person just waiting for a guitar, so he started looking through the orders and found it ... and I'm sure he would have called you either later yesterday or today. They're really good at calling people about guitars coming in.

As for the buzz ... if you do take it in, make sure you call first. Now they want you to make an appointment ... they don't take walk-ins anymore. Tim does wonderful work ... the K-14c I took in last Wednesday is perfect now ... I don't think it's going anytime soon.
Old 04-18-2001, 10:52 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Congratulations, Shea!!! Glad to hear that your guitar finally arrived. I'm sure you'll love it. You picked a good model, and I'm sure it was worth the wait.

Send me some pictures if you get a chance. I'd love to see it.

Regards,
J.R. Rogers

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification