The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-21-2016, 05:42 AM
Guest4562

Near mint . . . . .
Old 03-07-2017, 05:31 PM

Sorry for your pain. I have a Rainsong that I have had for like 15 years....it's part of me now and I would be crushed right along with her if that happened to it! Your overall attitude and perspective is really good...wish I could be that "Adult" about things when they happen....I usually have to make amends after the fact. Looking forward to seeing either the repair or the replacement. Condolences...
Old 03-07-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
This thread poses an interesting question; can CF be recycled? The environmental advantage of not cutting down trees might be off-set by the disadvantage of not being able to repurpose the waste. ???
In theory, but then again not really - and it doesn't bio degrade at all, apparently. Something to consider. I don't think, on balance, that CF is a very green material, even when you take into account the trees that don't get used for it. Still CF guitars are minuscule part of the CF industry.

"The bicycle market is a drop in the bucket. That doesn't mean it isn't important -- but compared to what aircraft makers are using, we're a drop in the bucket"

And guitars even less.

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/76172.html

the-dirty-secret-of-carbon-fiber
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube
Old 03-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Guest 928

Tdq;

Well you realist you! Actually, I suspect that your reference to the dirty secret of CF is true. But I hang on to the notion that the value is sound--cf changes the dynamic of guitars. Then again, so does plywood, another composite that I also like in guitars--and which also has environmental problems.

My thinking on recycled cf is that it should make great, long lasting, highway material.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Tdq;

My thinking on recycled cf is that it should make great, long lasting, highway material.
Actually, as per you suggestion way back when, the guitar is in the closet and will be recycled into a flower pot this summer.
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat

Last edited by Mbroady; 03-07-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelembound View Post
Sorry for your pain. I have a Rainsong that I have had for like 15 years....it's part of me now and I would be crushed right along with her if that happened to it! Your overall attitude and perspective is really good...wish I could be that "Adult" about things when they happen....I usually have to make amends after the fact. Looking forward to seeing either the repair or the replacement. Condolences...
Thanks........make no mistake....it really was a a crappy moment. But let that be the worst of my problems.......
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber