The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-31-2019, 12:20 PM
Charter Member

You might look at a Bose T1 - they have nice preamps, great for shaping and eq’ing sound, and I clamp mine to my mic stand so it right there in front of me if I need to make some adjustment. While I use it almost exclusively for my guitar, I have run mics thru it at the same time and sent those out separately to the PA when I needed to. Its a flexible unit - just do not get the mic stand mount - its worthless junk. A separate shelf with some velcro or a big zip-tie is far better. Their newer model, the T4 has a bunch of additional features, (including a 1/4-20 mount!) but is overkill for my needs and a fair bit pricier. Honestly, the T1 is overkill for my needs, but I have it and it works so nicely -
Old 06-01-2019, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
You might look at a Bose T1 - they have nice preamps, great for shaping and eq’ing sound, and I clamp mine to my mic stand so it right there in front of me if I need to make some adjustment. While I use it almost exclusively for my guitar, I have run mics thru it at the same time and sent those out separately to the PA when I needed to. Its a flexible unit - just do not get the mic stand mount - its worthless junk. A separate shelf with some velcro or a big zip-tie is far better. Their newer model, the T4 has a bunch of additional features, (including a 1/4-20 mount!) but is overkill for my needs and a fair bit pricier. Honestly, the T1 is overkill for my needs, but I have it and it works so nicely -
Thanks. I like the T1 and wish I had jumped on one when they were on clearance sale. Now they seem to cost as much used as they did originally new. The T 4 is above my budget for my purpose.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification