The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-05-2004, 02:55 AM

Default Novice amp question (CA30)

Hi everyone,
I'd like to ask a question about my first acoustic amp. I recently acquired a 000-16S (a really nice little guitar) with a K&K pure western installed. I have been looking for a small home and practice amp and picked up a clean CA-30 (pre-digital) Crate in a pawn shop yesterday. The guitar sounds great , very natural but louder, in the flat positions. The problem is that I don't notice much, if any, difference with the chorus on or different amounts of reverb return so I wonder: If I understand how to set up the controls for the effects (no manual) or if my expectations are too high or if the effects are working or not? Sorry to ramble on. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jack
RO-T16
Old 09-05-2004, 01:47 PM

The first thing you could try, as funny as it sounds, is to just press buttons. Experiment with as many changes in switches as possible to see if you can find a setting that solves your problem. I am not familiar with the amp you are using, but sometimes the difference between working and not comes down to one small turn of a knob or flip of a switch.

If you have tried most combinations you can think of there may be a problem with the amp itself. It's obviously not the pickup since you are getting a clean signal in flat.

I own an SWR California Blonde, but am not very knowledgable when it comes to the internal workings of amplifiers. Hopefully someone else can come up with other ideas. Good luck.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification