The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-31-2004, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

Default First Recording Session with Hamblin SJ

I was asked to come in and play on a song for a music director of a church... a kind of modal semi-celtic piece she wrote that is, for now, guitar and piano.

I was definitely happy with the sound... resonant bass that vibrated my chest, and sweet mids and highs... really incredible. It was a simple but very exposed part, which gave me a great chance to hear the sound.

Everyone there remarked on how the sound was almost like a cross between lute and nylon string (they had the same trouble defining the sound that I do, especially when you can play it softly and expressively), while still absolutely being a steel string guitar, depending on how it's played... which I've found is kind of the hallmark of the two Hamblins I own. It was interesting to get the same impression from others.

When I get a copy I'll post a sample.

As always, it was a wonderful experience, especially when playing with people who can COUNT.

Y'all have a great day!

Peace,

Wade

Worry less about the guitars you want. Play the guitar you have more.
The answer will come, and it will not be what you expect.

A guitar is a tool, and a friend. But it is not the answer.

It is the beginning.

Current Guitars:

Taylor 716C Modified
Voyage-Air VAOM-04

CD: The Bayleys: From The Inside
CDBaby
Amazon
Also available from iTunes

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification