The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-06-2020, 08:39 AM

Default shipping video July 31

Hard to believe that no one posted about last week's shipping video, now almost a week ago. It contains some comparison of the old and new X20 at about 7:15, and also talks about guitar #6000. Enjoy! Maybe we'll see another shipping video tomorrow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLNPBv5j_8Q

While we are at it, here is the July 24 video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak8ZTNoJeZg
Old 08-06-2020, 08:52 AM
Guest 928

Earl;

For some reason, when I click on your noted sites the screen flips back to the original message--In short, the shipping video is not coming up (even though the other threads are working as usual)?????
Old 08-06-2020, 09:11 AM
Guest 928

But then, as I was closing down, the shipping video came on. It's a mystery.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:20 AM

New video today, Earl, that finally (did I say finally?) has my X30 fan fret baritone. Second from last at about the 9 minute mark:

Of course, everyone can enjoy the rest of the video, I guess, since I'm feeling pretty magnanimous at this particular moment...

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjs View Post
New video today, Earl, that finally (did I say finally?) has my X30 fan fret baritone. Second from last at about the 9 minute mark:

Of course, everyone can enjoy the rest of the video, I guess, since I'm feeling pretty magnanimous at this particular moment...

Phil
YAY..................
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 08-07-2020, 12:25 PM

Yay indeed, and congrats Phil. I hope the transit time passes quickly for you. I watched the entire video then went back and watched your guitar again.

I play in several tunings because of my interest in Hawaiian slack-key guitar. The lowest tunings I regularly use are Open F [CFCFAC] which is Open G minus a whole step, and F Wahine [CFCFCE] or Fmajor7. Typically I use medium gauge (56-13) strings to offset excess looseness and floppy strings, yet still allowing me to go back to Open G when needed. I have not explored fan fret much, and only tried a couple briefly in stores or at the Healdsburg Guitar Festival. An X30 should really support those low tones nicely. I have considered putting EJ-18 (59-14) on my X30 and tuning it C-c, as a pseudo baritone. On other guitars, that has worked OK with standard scale -- if they have good intonation to start with. Obviously a longer scale would be better.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:47 AM

Some interesting custom instruments in the August 7th video, including an X7 octave "mandolin", an X20 bouzouki, an X30 fan fret "tenor" (first of its kind?) plus my X30 fan fret baritone.

Wonder what an X20 fan fret "cittern" would be like? And I keep expecting to see an X30 Synergy one of these days...

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber