The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 05-30-2013, 05:55 PM

Default Value of weber sage 1?

I came into a weber sage 1 that's a blast but seeing as I know nothing about it, I was wondering how much it's actually worth. I don't have the serial in front of me but I can tell you it has either no finish or a light satin finish and the label inside says sound to earth. Anyone have any idea what I'm looking at? Has a nice hard case no electronics though.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:46 PM

Sound to Earth was the name Bruce Weber first used when he started his own shop in Montana. Sound to Earth was always the name of the company but he uses his last name for his instruments.

The Sage is one of his entry level instruments. They are spare when it comes to adornments, but they are also relatively inexpensive.

A new Sage is listing for $1400-1600 with a $1100-1200 street.

Used, they can go from anywhere between $600 - up to, maybe, $1000 if it is in very good shape with pick up on it.

The finish is a satin. I prefer Weber's Satin finish to his Poly finish. His poly finish is super, super thick. IMHO it deadens the top and mutes the instrument.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:17 PM

Are their different ones? This is mine
Has a few issues but got it for crazy cheap.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 AM

Thanks for the info, probably sell mine for less than that, bought because I always wanted a mandolin but think I'd like a standard not octave size better to start with.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_day View Post
Thanks for the info, probably sell mine for less than that, bought because I always wanted a mandolin but think I'd like a standard not octave size better to start with.
Post it on the Mandolin Cafe Classifieds board. It should sell rather easily.

Maybe you could even trade for a mandolin(?)

Best of luck!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments