The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 05-31-2013, 01:18 AM

I would start a new slide student on Ry Cooder's "Feeling Bad Blues" from the old "Crossroads" movie soundtrack. It's a nice instrumental that uses simple, easy standard licks, played nice and slow. It sounds good even played below normal speed, and it's very forgiving of intonation errors and corrections. Accurate tabs all over the Internet. YouTube recordings abound. When I switched from round neck to square neck lap style resonators and guitars, that was the first tune I learned in the new playing style.

Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezzywest View Post
Hi, what the first slide guitar songs you learn`t ? Also what songs would you reccommend for slide beginners in open d ans G tuning ? Cheers.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:25 AM

John Henry in open D and Spanish Fandango in open G (Steve James's book is great : http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/...Guitar/3375201 )
You got to Move is another good choice in D.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:56 AM
Charter Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-AwlBkYBKY

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments