The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 12-17-2017, 04:05 PM
Nama Ensou Nama Ensou is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
What electric guitar gear are you currently looking to buy? It may not be immediate because you're looking for the right deal, new or used, but it's on your radar should one pop up.
That perfectly describes my search for an Ibanez s-series. Bought one last year, but it was the wrong one, so I'm still in the search.
__________________
Adamas 1581, 1587, 1881, SMT - PRS Cu22, Ibanez JEM-FP, S540, RG550, Fender Stratocaster
Heil PR-35 : Audio Technica AE-6100, ATM5R : Beyer TG-V90r : Sennheiser 441, 609, 845, 906 : ElectroVoice ND767
JBL Eon One, Bose L1 Model II, QSC K12
Friedman DS40, Marshall 6101, 401, RedPlate Phoenix, Splawn Street Rod, Budda SD18
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:35 AM
s2y s2y is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere middle America
Posts: 4,096
Default

I'll be ordering a GMW "Strat" soon.



Plan is this color and quilt with 3 DiMarzio noiseless single coils and and EMG boost switch, bird's eye maple neck, and headstock painted to match the body.
__________________
Acoustic gear:
KR fanned 7 string
Greg German DB7
Limited Edition walnut Taylor 12 fret non-cutaway ES2
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-18-2017, 09:13 AM
KevWind KevWind is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Out West
Posts: 9,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
I'll be ordering a GMW "Strat" soon.



Plan is this color and quilt with 3 DiMarzio noiseless single coils and and EMG boost switch, bird's eye maple neck, and headstock painted to match the body.
Wow that is purdy.
Pretty low key for me, currently I am looking at a Radial ABY pedal to play my two amps at the same time.
__________________
" Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein
Enjoy the Journey.... Kev...



http://soundcloud.com/kevwind
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-18-2017, 10:05 AM
s2y s2y is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere middle America
Posts: 4,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Wow that is purdy.
Yeah. I've had my eye on a guitar of this nature for a while. Tom Anderson built this and mother nature provided the quilt.
__________________
Acoustic gear:
KR fanned 7 string
Greg German DB7
Limited Edition walnut Taylor 12 fret non-cutaway ES2
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-18-2017, 05:39 PM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Eastern Canada
Posts: 31,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nama Ensou View Post
That perfectly describes my search for an Ibanez s-series. Bought one last year, but it was the wrong one, so I'm still in the search.
Good luck on your search. Are you still looking for an s-series or another Ibanez?
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-19-2017, 01:59 AM
Nama Ensou Nama Ensou is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Good luck on your search. Are you still looking for an s-series or another Ibanez?
It depends on how I like the one I've got on the way now.
__________________
Adamas 1581, 1587, 1881, SMT - PRS Cu22, Ibanez JEM-FP, S540, RG550, Fender Stratocaster
Heil PR-35 : Audio Technica AE-6100, ATM5R : Beyer TG-V90r : Sennheiser 441, 609, 845, 906 : ElectroVoice ND767
JBL Eon One, Bose L1 Model II, QSC K12
Friedman DS40, Marshall 6101, 401, RedPlate Phoenix, Splawn Street Rod, Budda SD18

Last edited by Kerbie; 12-19-2017 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Removed details
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-19-2017, 07:10 AM
Swamp Yankee Swamp Yankee is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: SE Connecticut
Posts: 1,157
Default

I need to get a hard case for my new Supro Hampton. Currently, it's laying on the floor in its box along with a homemade humidifier, all wrapped in the clear plastic bag the POS gig bag came in.
__________________
Martin 000-17SM
Supro 2030 Hampton
Taylor 562ce 12 X 12
Taylor GS Mini-e Spruce/Rosewood
Waterloo WL-S
Wechter TO-8418
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-20-2017, 11:01 AM
rdawsoniii rdawsoniii is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 53
Default

Not looking to buy, but someday I hope to add a tele/strat (maybe a G&L), and a Gretsch. That should round things out pretty well on top of my Martin acoustic, Gibson LP, and Godin 5th Ave Kingpin II.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-20-2017, 07:49 PM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Eastern Canada
Posts: 31,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawsoniii View Post
Not looking to buy, but someday I hope to add a tele/strat (maybe a G&L), and a Gretsch. That should round things out pretty well on top of my Martin acoustic, Gibson LP, and Godin 5th Ave Kingpin II.
That makes sense. I think you can cover a lot of bases with a Les Paul and a Strat (or Tele). Different amps help too.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-20-2017, 08:51 PM
Steve DeRosa Steve DeRosa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 7,794
Default

A few things on the table:
  • Another Gretsch on the short list - that Caddy Green 5422T '66 Viking tribute is the #1 contender right now, might try to track down a mint used or NOS 6136DC '62 White Falcon RI if funds/time permit
  • Ibanez Artcore 5-string - only short-scale hollowbody 5 under $2500, also on the short list
  • Quilter Steelaire Amp - yeah, I'm an old tube guy, but at 65 lbs. my blackface Super RI is pretty much relegated to the music room these days, and I still need a full-featured high-power combo in my arsenal; this one's half the weight, I like the low-end impact of a 15" speaker, and there's an extension cab available if I want a 200W 2x15" stack
  • PA system - this one's going to be a band investment, since we need multi-instrumental/vocal input capability that most places we'll be playing can't provide; shame Carvin went down - one of those powered 16-channel boards and a pair of 3-way mains would have been right up our alley
__________________
"They wouldn't bend, they wouldn't bow, they wouldn't burn"
- Johnny Cash
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-21-2017, 05:01 AM
Scotso Scotso is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 401
Default

The last thing I need is more.....but....but I am really thinking I "need" a Carr Mercury V. I am going to sell some stuff I do not use. I have convinced myself that I would be clearing some unused stuff out in order to buy a single item. Make sense? Prob not but that's my story and I am sticking to it when she who must be obeyed objects.
__________________
Acoustic Size D
One w/ Sapele against my belly
A boat anchor
Some other woody structures
A big Red Electric
Boxes that make noise
Stuff I do not play much
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-21-2017, 06:26 AM
Triangle G Triangle G is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Central Louisiana
Posts: 7
Default What Electric Guitar gear are you looking to buy?

I was THAT close to ordering a Heritage H535 from Jay Wolfe last May.Then I ran into a 000-18 GE that I had to have, and blew my budget. I still want an H535 though.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-21-2017, 07:21 AM
Humbuster Humbuster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: College town, foot of the Rockies
Posts: 838
Default

Nothing really.

Perfectly satisfied entering my twilight with my Benchmark R4 Les Paul and G&L Bluesboy.
__________________
2 fine acoustics and 1 electric I][/I]
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-21-2017, 07:50 AM
s2y s2y is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere middle America
Posts: 4,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
The last thing I need is more.....but....but I am really thinking I "need" a Carr Mercury V. I am going to sell some stuff I do not use. I have convinced myself that I would be clearing some unused stuff out in order to buy a single item. Make sense? Prob not but that's my story and I am sticking to it when she who must be obeyed objects.
Carr makes some great amps. I have had a Rambler for about 5 years.
__________________
Acoustic gear:
KR fanned 7 string
Greg German DB7
Limited Edition walnut Taylor 12 fret non-cutaway ES2
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-21-2017, 08:08 AM
KevWind KevWind is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Out West
Posts: 9,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
A few things on the table:
  • Another Gretsch on the short list - that Caddy Green 5422T '66 Viking tribute is the #1 contender right now, might try to track down a mint used or NOS 6136DC '62 White Falcon RI if funds/time permit
  • Ibanez Artcore 5-string - only short-scale hollowbody 5 under $2500, also on the short list
  • Quilter Steelaire Amp - yeah, I'm an old tube guy, but at 65 lbs. my blackface Super RI is pretty much relegated to the music room these days, and I still need a full-featured high-power combo in my arsenal; this one's half the weight, I like the low-end impact of a 15" speaker, and there's an extension cab available if I want a 200W 2x15" stack
  • PA system - this one's going to be a band investment, since we need multi-instrumental/vocal input capability that most places we'll be playing can't provide; shame Carvin went down - one of those powered 16-channel boards and a pair of 3-way mains would have been right up our alley
Steve for the PA are you specifically looking for passive speakers and powered mixer or since you would not be alone would powered speakers and passive mixer work with say spk's at 60 lb or under ?
__________________
" Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein
Enjoy the Journey.... Kev...



http://soundcloud.com/kevwind
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=