The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-08-2015, 08:44 AM

Default CA Cargo WOW!!!!

I'm back! My friend Ro and I purchased these Peavy CA Cargos in Hilo, Hawaii. OMG with Elixir Nanos on them they sound awesome. It has an LR Baggs installed and I am excited to get set up with amps and mics. Of course, Kramster is going to help out!!!

I like the Peavy made guitar better than the pre Peavy. However, that being said, it could be a string difference as I am not sure what Kramster runs on his Cargos. What blew us away is the projection of this little beast. Ro would go in the other room and could hear it clear as day. And in Slack key this guitar is UNREAL!!! Ok, who in Phoenix can teach me slack key?!!!

Quality is excellent and surprisingly, the factory set up is great.

[IMG][/IMG]

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo

Last edited by Kindness; 10-08-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:54 AM

This thread definitely needs pics (especially if Kramster is involved).
Rhoney Oceana
Warmoth Jazzcaster
Old 10-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Congrats! I agree. I quite like my pre-Peavey '08 Cargo. Imo, the tone does have its minor shortcomings, but for the little guitar it is, it's quite amazing. It's a comfy couch guitar and because it always sits beside me on the couch, it gets played the most.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:12 AM

I did post a pic not sure why you all are not seeing it! Hang on... Nice big pic below hopefully you all can see it!

[IMG][/IMG]

Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 10-08-2015, 10:44 AM

Congrats Lisa! The Cargo is a great little travel guitar, in fact it was a best seller for us when we carried CA. I used to say that it's a small guitar that does a great job of faking the big guitar sound. And at $799 for RAW, $999 for RT, and $1199 for gloss they were a fantastic deal as well.

Although I haven't played them in a while, I still have three Cargo's, a custom black gloss given to me by CA, and two with the RT finish purchased used. Yes, they have their limitations, as do most guitars, but they are great for the intended purpose. Enjoy Lisa!
Old 10-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Anticipation Junkie

I've read in recent posts about the pricey cost of new Cargos with even higher amounts than Ted posted as cost from some years ago. I bought my charcoal RT new in early '08 for $750, all in. I doubt I'll ever sell it but if I did, I could likely make a profit on it. The only other guitar I've owned where I made a profit was my vintage '58 Strat, and that was huge.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:14 PM

Hey Ted is the Cargo Gloss $1199 with the LR Baggs? Those are all great prices!

Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 10-08-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itself View Post
Hey Ted is the Cargo Gloss $1199 with the LR Baggs? Those are all great prices!
The LR Baggs Element was an extra $100. These were MAP prices BTW.

Yes, their prices were great, too great evidently because they went under. If you do a search, you can find my posts about this right after CA closed, but in a nutshell, I predicted that Peavey will need to raise the prices on the Cargo and the OX to where they should have been.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:05 PM

I have several hours on this guitar and I have to say, it's beyond awesome! It handles both strumming and fingerstyle well and as mentioned, projects like a canon.

I understand everyone has string preferences. But my Shorty and this guitar simply sound fantastic with the Eliixir Nanos. Of course lights on this little one, and it gives it a really warm sound.

Ted will set you all up great, and I usually do business with him! But the moment in Hilo, Hawaii caught me at Ken's store, and this gem had to come home with me.

Save your money up for this little gem, I promise it will not disappoint. And BTW, it came WITH the soft case which is super nice!

Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 10-14-2015, 07:43 PM

Congrats on your new beautiful guitar!
Old 10-18-2015, 03:33 AM

Welcome home, Lisa. Missed you for a couple of years. Glad to have you back among us. Like your Cargo!

cotten

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber