The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-29-2016, 10:55 AM

Carbonius,

Yes, it was your post that got me going, and the video was very interesting. The players sure had fun with the duet.

I think the looped track (Ditto or Jam Man looper) will be colored by the amp effects, but that could have its own creative potential.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res Ipsa View Post
Carbonius,

Yes, it was your post that got me going, and the video was very interesting. The players sure had fun with the duet.

I think the looped track (Ditto or Jam Man looper) will be colored by the amp effects, but that could have its own creative potential.
Right. It would be like running a looper as the last thing in your signal chain rather than one of the first. It can be cool, but it can also be limiting. What you are playing and what you are looping would sound the same. Perhaps if you eq the looped signal differently, it would sound a tad distinct. Or use a UST signal for one part and a K&K style for the other (possible with any dual source, mono output system).

Still, having the loops SOUND natural is so enticing. I like looping, but find my acoustic sounds bad looped as it isn't as natural sounding.

Now all they need to do is make a Yamaha style one that mounts inside any guitar (thanks for that info btw). But then have a wireless control pod that could be on a stand or guitar strap. Or just make an app so you could run it off your cell phone. I am probably getting ahead of myself here
Old 11-29-2016, 05:38 PM

"Now all they need to do is make a Yamaha style one that mounts inside any guitar (thanks for that info btw). But then have a wireless control pod that could be on a stand or guitar strap. Or just make an app so you could run it off your cell phone. I am probably getting ahead of myself here."

I have a feeling, and I hope this isn't just being foolishly optimistic, that we'll see more onboard actuator devices in future acoustic guitars. Perhaps something along these lines will show up soon. Maybe it's what Journey is working on for the next iteration of the Article OF660?
Old 12-01-2016, 10:50 PM

Following up on my Looper post above ...

I tried feeding a bass line into the 1/4" input of my TWA from my Boss DR880 drum machine, as a backing track. Lesson learned - the guitar body just colors the inbound sound too much. Nature of the beast I suppose. So I'll stick with an outboard amp for accompaniments to the TWA magic.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber