The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 11-25-2018, 09:26 AM
CASD57 CASD57 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosedog View Post
Download the new Taylor guitar app on your phone or tablet and in 10 min you are recording on a 4 track system. Also does mix down, some effects, eq etc. itís easy and fun and a great way to introduce yourself to the magic of recording. And its FREE!
iPhone only
__________________
I'm a Thread Ender.....
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-19-2018, 12:57 AM
polarred21's Avatar
polarred21 polarred21 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Upper North Carolina
Posts: 1,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
Win10 is my poison ..But the blue Yeti would still work..
I've got a Tascam DR05 (Handheld) that doesn't do a bad job but hunting for stuff through the menu's sucks I prefer knobs-sliders etc.., That's why I'm starting to go in the portastudio route like the Tascam DP0008 but someone earlier said it only records in 16 bit, not 24 bit.. So I might have to move up the line.
Also in the midst of improving my vocals/ vocal-playing, I might want to polish the song a little to put on Soundcloud which audacity or Darkaudacity would do..
I will look into garage band
So what's the update? What did you go with?
__________________
2006 Yamaha F200TXR 4 stroke. My Guitars - Yamaha FG700S Sandburst; Epiphone Les Paul Standard; 2018 Yamaha LL-16D Natural; Ibanez Talman Bass; Fender Standard Telecaster; Yamaha FG820-12 Natural; Yamaha FS830 Tobacco Brown Sunburst; ....A beginner practicing almost everyday since 12/15/14....{:::]==={=O=I}
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-19-2018, 07:33 AM
CASD57 CASD57 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarred21 View Post
So what's the update? What did you go with?
I'm waiting to see what I get for Xmas... I gave the list to the Boss LOL
__________________
I'm a Thread Ender.....
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-19-2018, 11:14 AM
DCCougar DCCougar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
I have no idea what to buy so that I can record myself (Vocal-Guitar) thru my computer.
I'm looking at this bundle

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-recording-kit
Well, with 4 pages of responses, I guess you've got all the options. I've always loved multitracking, and I've got essentially the same as the above package, except with Scarlett 2i2 for the audio interface, Cubase Elements for the DAW, and a $50 mic, which I don't use much. I'm more an instrumentalist though, and I plug right into the interface or run through an amp to the interface. I'll usually lay down a rhythm track, then keys, then....?

If you're not multitracking, and you just want to record your playing and singing at the same time, the DR05 is going to handle that. But I recommend taking it to the next level. I'm not that much of a recording tech, but I guess I do get into a little production.

Good luck and merry Christmas!
__________________
2011 Guild F50R Sunburst
2002 Guild JF30-12 Sunburst
2018 Gibson Songwriter Ltd. Ed. 12-string
2014 Martin GPC12PA4

2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS


1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string
2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

2013 Yamaha Motif XS7
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-19-2018, 11:16 AM
CASD57 CASD57 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCougar View Post
Well, with 4 pages of responses, I guess you've got all the options. I've always loved multitracking, and I've got essentially the same as the above package, except with Scarlett 2i2 for the audio interface, Cubase Elements for the DAW, and a $50 mic, which I don't use much. I'm more an instrumentalist though, and I plug right into the interface or run through an amp to the interface. I'll usually lay down a rhythm track, then keys, then....?



If you're not multitracking, and you just want to record your playing and singing at the same time, the DR05 is going to handle that. But I recommend taking it to the next level. I'm not that much of a recording tech, but I guess I do get into a little production.



Good luck and merry Christmas!
I'm hoping for the Zoom R8 and yes at this time just singing and playing
__________________
I'm a Thread Ender.....
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-19-2018, 01:15 PM
polarred21's Avatar
polarred21 polarred21 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Upper North Carolina
Posts: 1,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
I'm hoping for the Zoom R8 and yes at this time just singing and playing
Now that's stepping it up right there....have you recorded yourself at all...on the phone, PC, etc?
__________________
2006 Yamaha F200TXR 4 stroke. My Guitars - Yamaha FG700S Sandburst; Epiphone Les Paul Standard; 2018 Yamaha LL-16D Natural; Ibanez Talman Bass; Fender Standard Telecaster; Yamaha FG820-12 Natural; Yamaha FS830 Tobacco Brown Sunburst; ....A beginner practicing almost everyday since 12/15/14....{:::]==={=O=I}
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-19-2018, 01:17 PM
CASD57 CASD57 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarred21 View Post
Now that's stepping it up right there....have you recorded yourself at all...on the phone, PC, etc?
Yes with a Tascam Dr05
__________________
I'm a Thread Ender.....
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-19-2018, 05:34 PM
DCCougar DCCougar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
I'm hoping for the Zoom R8....
Well, you ought to be able to have fun with that! And that's really the idea!
__________________
2011 Guild F50R Sunburst
2002 Guild JF30-12 Sunburst
2018 Gibson Songwriter Ltd. Ed. 12-string
2014 Martin GPC12PA4

2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS


1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string
2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

2013 Yamaha Motif XS7
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-05-2019, 11:58 AM
Lkristians Lkristians is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: CT, USA
Posts: 299
Default Sweetwater purchase

Is this easier to use than Garage Band? Every time I open GB it confounds me.
Thanks!
__________________
Early member #180
"Like shoveling smoke with a pitchfork in the wind."
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-07-2019, 08:17 AM
CASD57 CASD57 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarred21 View Post
Now that's stepping it up right there....have you recorded yourself at all...on the phone, PC, etc?
Only with the Computer mic and the Tascam DR05 which that sounded pretty good..
But for Christmas, I got a Zoom R8 and so I've been playing with that..
The recording in my signature was done with the Zoom.. but I need better mic's so I've ordered an AT2020
The best I had was a Sennheiser 945 which seemed bright when using it as a room mic (36in away pointed up to help tone down the Acoustic)
The AT2020 will be here for next weekend play time.
I'll redo all my recordings than
__________________
I'm a Thread Ender.....
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Rudy4 Rudy4 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
Only with the Computer mic and the Tascam DR05 which that sounded pretty good..
But for Christmas, I got a Zoom R8 and so I've been playing with that..
The recording in my signature was done with the Zoom.. but I need better mic's so I've ordered an AT2020
The best I had was a Sennheiser 945 which seemed bright when using it as a room mic (36in away pointed up to help tone down the Acoustic)
The AT2020 will be here for next weekend play time.
I'll redo all my recordings than
You're going to find that you like the R8 much more when you use it with a condenser mic. You'll be able to close mic, turn your gain WAY down and drastically improve the noise level of your recordings. Do use it at the 24 bit setting!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-08-2019, 10:01 PM
CASD57 CASD57 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
You're going to find that you like the R8 much more when you use it with a condenser mic. You'll be able to close mic, turn your gain WAY down and drastically improve the noise level of your recordings. Do use it at the 24 bit setting!
Ive ordered a AT2020 [emoji16]
__________________
I'm a Thread Ender.....
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-09-2019, 06:19 AM
Monsoon1 Monsoon1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 1,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Is this easier to use than Garage Band? Every time I open GB it confounds me.
Thanks!
For what it's worth, youtube has instructional videos on just about evrything, and many of them are quite good.
__________________
Something something, beer is good, and people are crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-09-2019, 07:11 AM
CASD57 CASD57 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 1,244
Default

Found a great Article for us beginners

http://musicbooksplus.com/blog/recor...to-avoid-them/
__________________
I'm a Thread Ender.....
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-09-2019, 01:27 PM
Rudy4 Rudy4 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
Ive ordered a AT2020 [emoji16]
Yes, I was responding to your post where you said you'd ordered the AT2020.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=