The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-10-2019, 06:16 PM

I moved to SW Florida roughly 20 months ago after vacationing here for over 20 years. I moved to a small town because I prefer the laid back lifestyle that typically comes with small town living. Unfortunately, small town living disappears around October and doesn’t return until May. The number of snowbirds and tourists swell the town to impossible numbers. The infrastructure here cannot handle the cars and all restaurants and stores are packed, making getting anywhere a struggle. Even though I’ve only been here a short time I’ve already figured out to avoid the beach at all costs until May.

Someone already mentioned that this far south Florida takes on a more international vibe, and that is so true. I did a demographics study for our church and found that there are a huge number of people from other cultures here. Not saying that is a bad thing at all, but it does make for an eclectic environment. Sort of like Dorothy saying “we’re not in Kansas anymore”.

Our move here was our final move, so it is what it is. 7/12 months its great, and I love the heat and most everything else about living here. 5/12 months I’d rather be someplace else.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic