The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-17-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJLefty View Post
Some great suggestions. I think I am going to just do a "P" (dot-dash-dash-dot) * -- -- * on the fretboard at either the 12th or the 17th (her birthday). "Dots" would be snowflake to honor our chilly Vermont heritage. I think it would be really understated to the point that you wouldn't even notice. Particularly if it's on the 12th.

Thanks!
I think that's a great idea - I also like the morse code on the backstrip idea. Names, even initials can hurt resale, and with custom builds you are never certain it's going to come out just as you like. You can always get an existing guitar customized, if you happen to locate something you love hanging in a shop. Otherwise, if it were me, I would stick with a well known and respected brand like Bourgeois so there's less risk of losing your shirt if you sell it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion