The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-24-2018, 01:33 AM

Glue Ball Joints With a minor toothpick touchin each of thr indents of ( NOT FAST SETTING ) JB Weld ....After setting it the way you like it set on your Guitar . Still have many SAVED this What that would been smashed long ago ...
Old 05-24-2018, 03:44 AM

He might have thought you said 'Tuna'.

YouTube
Old 05-24-2018, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdEd View Post
Yeah, this.

Pm me an address, and the model and I’ll send you a new tuner... in my dotage I’m getting dog mentality more and more.

Ed
Ed, that's very nice of you to offer! I do have another SN-1 Snark that works fine. I'm actually a bit of a nut about tuners and have several other brands, including a Peterson VS Strobotuner.

The Snarks work the best for me, and I've carried one around to a lot of places and a lot of bar gigs and seem to be the only person who has never broken one!
Old 05-24-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy the dog View Post
He might have thought you said 'Tuna'.
Where's the "like" button when you need one?
Old 05-24-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTrap View Post
Glue Ball Joints With a minor toothpick touchin each of thr indents of ( NOT FAST SETTING ) JB Weld ....After setting it the way you like it set on your Guitar . Still have many SAVED this What that would been smashed long ago ...
The ball joint is the only thing not destroyed on this one...

After using the Snark tuners for litterally years for home use, jams, and gigs I'm probably the only person who hasn't ever broken one. (If forum posts are to be believed...)
Old 05-24-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cas-v86 View Post
"PANO Tuner" phone app. Never going back
I don't think that's gonna work on my flip phone!
Old 05-24-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybones View Post
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=510939

And a big +1 to that doggie not swallowing anything!

Those batteries can cause major problems if ingested. My ex is a vet tech and she had to assist in a bowel resection on a yellow lab that had eaten a sock.

Not the first time, either.

Our first black lab swallowed a rubber glove my dad had been wearing while stripping antique furniture. Saw her trying to pass something dragging her rear in the grass, went and stepped on it and slid right out.
Yes, it's best if you nail everything down once you know you have an "eater". Labs are often notorious for being food-driven, so it's something to be aware of. My last lab lived to a ripe old age, but even keeping an eye on him didn't prevent him from wolfing down some "bulk". Luckily everything passed through him without any need for "assistance". He was particularly fond of paper towels and Kleenex, but also ingested larger items, including a latex glove and an entire pair of my underwear! (I tossed them, even though they appeared to be no worse for the journey).

Yes, dogs can eat very odd things. My inlaws had a Scottish Deerhound that ate... wait for it...

...an entire package of SEWING NEEDLES!

That did require surgery and the shedding of a large sum of expendable income. They did put EVERYTHING in a safe place after that.

I do have to admit that the e-ray from the vet was pretty interesting, though.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:11 PM

You can use this opportunity to grab a TC Electronic UniTune
Old 05-24-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegar View Post
You can use this opportunity to grab a TC Electronic UniTune
I've got a collection of tuners and the Snark has always been you go to tuner, provided there have been no mutilation issues.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion