The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-05-2024, 10:40 PM

Default 2nd Source For Schatten HFN Artist 1

Long time listener, first time caller. Just purchased Schatten HFN Artist 1 for my Eastman E6D-TC. I am happy with the sound of the anthem in my other guitar but I don’t want to have an under saddle pickup in the Eastman. So, reading on this site led me to get the Schatten. I’ve never pieced a dual source together and would love some help from those with more experience. Ruling out undersaddle and mic I guess I’m left with soundhole pickup. Mojotone NC passive..black angel..etc. any suggestions? Also, since the Artist 1 only has one volume I’ll need to make sure I set the gains of each pickup right or I’ll have to deal with adjusting again. I’ve heard the gain is low when it arrives and I should run it 80-90% but not sure where to set the soundhole pickup gain on the Schatten preamp. I’m only assuming I’ll even need the second source as I’ve heard the Schatten can lack bass so wanted something to bring that in. Sorry for the rambling. Any help appreciated

Last edited by IrisEastman; 03-05-2024 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Mistakes
Old 03-06-2024, 05:34 AM
Charter Member

The Schatten HFN Artist Plus II would have made your desirable dual-source setup easier to accomplish with its two preamps and dual-volume control soundhole module. I've experimented with my setup of this rig in a Larrivee D-40R Sunburst by adding a second SBT to the second channel but will likely remove that SBT and solder on a Schatten Insider. My quest is to get a better overall bass response from the Schatten rig but my experimentation is currently in limbo. There's a direct-to-computer, no effects, flat EQ sound file somewhere in the AGF Acoustic Amplification section of the tone of what I've currently got with the rig.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 03-08-2024 at 05:27 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
anthem, eastman, pickup, schatten hfn