The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-24-2002, 10:33 PM

Default alternate tunings songbooks?

I've been practicing a couple of fingerstyle arrangements of Beatles songs that happen to be in drop--D tuning. I'm wondering if there are any songbooks (preferably fingerstyle) dedicated to a particular alternate tuning, such as one in drop-D, one in DADGAD, etc. Does anyone know?
Old 04-25-2002, 07:51 AM

Lightbulb

Homespun Tapes homespuntapes.com

or Mel Bay melbay.com

have tons of books on alternate tunings...
Indeed, there is something in the current DC/NY culture that equates a lack of unthinking boosterism with a lack of patriotism. As if not being drunk on the latest Dow gains is somehow un-American. - Arianna Huffington May 11, 2009
Old 04-25-2002, 11:09 PM

Thumbs up

For dadgad, I have a tape of Don Ross that covers some great material that I would recommend. Info http://www.gobyfish.com/

Another real gem, although not a song book per say is "The Complete Book Of Alternate Tunings" by Mark Hanson. It has all the different tunings, artist lists with songs played in which tuning, what cord patterns are available in each tuning. I also has a section of songs that are frequently played in alternate tuning when the song was written in standard tuning.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell