The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-19-2002, 01:32 PM

I'll vote for up the neck.
They have been tellin me that my top string is the little E.I dont believe them ......and another thing,why is there a WHOLE step between A and B and a HALF step between B and C?Who invented this mess??Now I know that some of you theory experts understand this but I'm hard headed.So .....you could say a C is actually a B sharp??And a B is a C flat??Whatever....If it sounds good,play it.

Muggy
Old 03-19-2002, 10:21 PM

This is pretty basic, but you can use the same chord structure UP the neck that you do at the nut. You'll just be using your forefinger in place of the nut...your basic bar chord.

Once you get comfortable with that, you can start finding creative ways to finger chords without barring straight across the fretboard. Open chords without barring are cool.

There's lots of ways to get different voicings on chords...experiment, and throw away the Mel Bay book.

Larrivee OM40 Rosewood
Larrivee OM40 Mahogany
2011 Taylor 314ce

Yamaha BB Bass, Fender Strats, PRS Zach Myers, Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Old 03-23-2002, 08:41 PM

Default Mel Bay was cool....

taylormeister....

check out melbay.com

absolutely HUGE resource for great instructional materials from many of the best players on the planet....

Guitar Freebies has something from the Mastering the Guitar Series....I like that series a lot....can you play it?????? transpose it?????? good stuff to be had there.......

anyone get their Fingerstyle Review Magazine?....I just noticed that....actually haven't been playing the guitar much as of late....

Gimme an M!
Gimme an E!
Gimme and L!.......

like pom-poms, too.....

Indeed, there is something in the current DC/NY culture that equates a lack of unthinking boosterism with a lack of patriotism. As if not being drunk on the latest Dow gains is somehow un-American. - Arianna Huffington May 11, 2009
Old 03-23-2002, 08:44 PM

Smile

now are we all clear on that earlier stuff....

I wasn't talking about guitar necks for crying out loud....

..they're only the 2nd most interesting necks on the planet....
Indeed, there is something in the current DC/NY culture that equates a lack of unthinking boosterism with a lack of patriotism. As if not being drunk on the latest Dow gains is somehow un-American. - Arianna Huffington May 11, 2009

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell