The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-21-2021, 03:34 PM

Default Kestrel upgrades

After not being in stock for several months, the Emerald Kestrel is again making an appearance. The two Kestrels in last week's shipping video were superb examples of Emerald's custom shop flexing its muscles. Alas, those "outside the box" designs will be coming to end soon.

In the meantime, Alastair has added the Ghost Piezo saddle and pickups(a 150 USD upcharge) and the 13 pin MIDI out(a 250 USD upcharge) available on the 3D builder. In addition, the wooden hand carved bridge has been replaced by a Graphtech(Resomax?) bridge, included for the same base price as before.

TBH, I was always somewhat perplexed as to why an otherwise fully carbon fiber build(aside from the Gotoh tuners, Graphtech nut and bridge pins) would have a wooden bridge. In fact, several months ago I replaced the wooden bridge in my Kestrel with a Graphtech Resomax archtop bridge. Subjectively, I find the sustain to be slightly improved with the Graphtech bridge.

So now you can get a fully tricked out Kestrel with three pickup option and a wooden veneer "all in" for just a little south of 5000 USD PLUS shipping.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:21 PM
Guest 928

I could be wrong, but I would guess that the kestrel is not going to lose much value over time: it is beautiful, exquisite, and unique.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber