The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-08-2021, 03:10 PM
Guest 928

Default portable charger for MiSi

In my early search for information regarding the Blackbird Savoy I ran across a forum member who had designed and made a portable charging unit for the MiSi. I'm now researching the portable unit and having a hard time finding the source. Anyone here dialed in to the information?

Stop the press! I found it. John fields on 1/30/2018 at 8:49 AM. He put together a battery clip and a guitar jack for a portable charging unit. I would think that this could be a valuable accessory for anyone with an MiSi system.

Last edited by Guest 928; 07-08-2021 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-08-2021, 04:30 PM

Honestly, Evan, in all the times I have gone out with my Blackbirds and their MiSi pickups I have not had to worry about charging them let alone finding an alternate method of charging. One minute of time plugged into an outlet gives you many hours of playing time.
barb
Old 07-08-2021, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb1 View Post
Honestly, Evan, in all the times I have gone out with my Blackbirds and their MiSi pickups I have not had to worry about charging them let alone finding an alternate method of charging. One minute of time plugged into an outlet gives you many hours of playing time.
barb
I found the same thing with the one I used to own (Mi-Si Acoustic Duo).

But, when one gets to a certain age, one is inclined to be a tad forgetful. For those moments (extraordinarily rare, I’ll grant you ), one could make good use of one of these temporary devices.

Incidentally, the guys (Mikhail Ioffe and Co.) who own and run Mi-Si are among the nicest in the world. I had lots of questions when I got mine back in 2008, and their response was superb.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 07-08-2021, 05:34 PM
Guest 928

I probably would not need the portable unit. And I am getting the cart ahead of the horse here since I do not (yet) own a Savoy or any guitar with MiSi system. But if I did, I might want the portable unit and an arm rest. Thinking ahead.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber