The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-02-2020, 12:48 PM

My Rainsong is a skoch over 4 pounds.....
000-Nylon, All Mahogany custom, 000-15SM, D16-GT (resto mod in progress), D15-M, Stinger SSL electric....
And a Kobza, Bouzouki, Hurdy Gurdy and something medieval looking.....
www.woodenshoe.blog
Old 01-02-2020, 05:05 PM

I just got word back from Enya that the X4 weighs in at 6.2 lbs, although the package is shipping at 20.6 lbs. They also told me my guitar is shipping tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:20 AM

yes i had one
Not as good as a Rainsong but way cheaper
The nut was a deal breaker......way too narrow for me so i unloaded it
Old 01-03-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towzer View Post
yes i had one
Not as good as a Rainsong but way cheaper
The nut was a deal breaker......way too narrow for me so i unloaded it
What was the nut width? I want to check relative to my Breedlove. I'm hoping it's not terrible.. I have big hands.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPencil View Post
What was the nut width? I want to check relative to my Breedlove. I'm hoping it's not terrible.. I have big hands.
Amazon X4 spec says 1 11/16. My Breedlove Masterclass is only about 1/64 larger. I think the X4 nut width is going to work for me! That's a relief. I just got my shipping notification, so there's no turning back now.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:40 PM

---------------------

Last edited by ac; 01-04-2020 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:32 PM

Default Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPencil View Post
I ordered an X4 With the transacoustic as well. Ordered from Amazon, and my current expected delivery is Feb 12th. I sure hope we made a good move ordering these. The X4 looks like a winner to me.
I hope we made a good move as well. I’m supposed to get mine Monday.
PHP Code:
[PHP][PHP
[/PHP][/PHP]
Old 01-06-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzhenson View Post
I hope we made a good move as well. I’m supposed to get mine Monday.
Awesome! Please let us know how it goes. Mine said it was shipped days ago with yun express, but tracking shows that it hasn’t actually gone anywhere yet. Here’s to hoping I get mine this month.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
-------------------
It came today! Two things. #1 . Twenty Seven days is too long for shipping. #2. The cool inlay on the neck was actually just an “E” like on their ukulele and not the floral design like all the pictures. All that being said... I love it! Sustain is out of this world! The Transacoustic system I thought would just be a gimmick, is actually really cool. The build quality is what you would expect of a much more expensive instrument. The nut and saddle are Tusq. The tuners are smooth, the action is what I’d call medium to low medium. Plugged in it’s even better! I doubt anyone will be sorry for taking the risk. I’m not. 😎👍
Old 01-06-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
It came today! Two things. #1 . Twenty Seven days is too long for shipping. #2. The cool inlay on the neck was actually just an “E” like on their ukulele and not the floral design like all the pictures. All that being said... I love it! Sustain is out of this world! The Transacoustic system I thought would just be a gimmick, is actually really cool. The build quality is what you would expect of a much more expensive instrument. The nut and saddle are Tusq. The tuners are smooth, the action is what I’d call medium to low medium. Plugged in it’s even better! I doubt anyone will be sorry for taking the risk. I’m not. 😎👍
Excellent news!! I’m actually kinda fine with not having the floral inlay on the fret board. 27 day ship time has me itching to get my hands on it.. Thanks for the good word! Please don’t hesitate to post more info as you become more familiar with the X4..
Old 01-07-2020, 06:00 AM

Default New Guitar!

Just got an email from Enya Music apologizing for the inlay being wrong. They are sending me a new guitar as well as a prepaid shipping label to return it. Supposedy within the next two days. Did i tell you this thing sounds AMAZING?! I will update with more as soon as the other one gets here.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Just got an email from Enya Music apologizing for the inlay being wrong. They are sending me a new guitar as well as a prepaid shipping label to return it. Supposedy within the next two days. Did i tell you this thing sounds AMAZING?! I will update with more as soon as the other one gets here.
That's impressive service!
Old 01-07-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Great news.. I guess I can look forward to getting the floral inlay design on my X4, which I don’t mind.. My shipment still appears to be processing and hasn’t moved. Let us know how customer service goes. So far so good! I’m really interested to know about the usb charging port. Does the port appear to be high quality? How long does it take to charge? How long does the battery last? Does this thing have Bluetooth or anything not stated?

Thanks!!
Old 01-08-2020, 03:36 PM

Thought I would update my buying experience with Enya.

I ordered from Amazon December 30th 2019. I reached out to Enya on Facebook messenger to gather further information about the guitar, and they got me the info within a few hours, and they also let me know that they would be shipping my guitar the following day, which was Jan 2nd.. checking my Amazon order, my item posted as being shipped through Yun Express. I’ve been updating the tracking info from Yun Express for the last week and had seen no progress in shipping, so Today I messaged Enya again, and Enya replied with a UPS tracking number showing the X4 shipped from Texas, and is delivering tomorrow. It’s nice to know Enya has a presence in the US. I wasn’t expecting to see my guitar for weeks.. Tomorrow is going to be a good day!!
Old 01-13-2020, 03:31 PM

Default Love this guitar!

So, my replacement came in three days! The charge port seems pretty sturdy. Couple of hours is all I had to charge it for the red light to turn green. I hope you get yours soon and share your opinions. One cool thing I realized was the neck pitch is adjustable! Not Bluetooth, but the Transacoustic system is cool.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber