The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-16-2020, 01:36 PM

Last year, I tried I believe what was called the X3 at the Houston dealer office and it sounded good. It was the older carbon fiber model. It did feel heavy or maybe solid is better term. The rep actually recommended me not buy the carbon fiber because of the glue used, that it may melt in the Texas heat if left in the car.

I tried the full lineup available at the time. I ended up getting 2 of the emx1 which are 36 inch and pretty similar to a GS Mini feel wise. They sound like good all hog guitars, more like a martin than taylor. The dread and concert of the HPL material were also good sounding but was looking for travel guitar at the time.

Definitely recommend checking them out. Soundwise, they were pretty consistent. Setup was a bit different on each but I believe they told me they have since moved to Plek'ing the guitars...I think to compete with Lava Me. Not sure if that has improved the setups or not.

If you have questions, I recommend messaging them on facebook as they have been slow to respond via reverb or their webpage at times.

Their ukuleles were pretty good too. Apparently they are one of the largest makers of ukes in the world, from what the rep said. Has been difficult for them to make it in the US market.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber