The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 10:15 AM
Charter Member

55 years is long enough for the folks in hockey's capitol to wait. But Vegas is a ridiculously hard team to play in a 7-game series. Picking VGK....
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon

Last edited by roberts; 05-16-2021 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
We won the season series with LV, but we're talking a MN mens sports team and playoffs, and that's an ugly story since 1991.
IIRC, the Twins won the World Series in 91 and the North Stars lost the Cup Final to the Pens, back when the Pens won back to back.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

Colorado fan taking this opportunity to ask

HOW ABOUT THEM RED WINGS

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 05-16-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
Colorado fan taking this opportunity to ask

HOW ABOUT THEM RED WINGS
LOL. Great rivalry!! B's/Caps game was terrific. Anderson gave up some rebounds, but I think they'll stick with him. Go Islanders!
Old 05-16-2021, 11:51 AM

Stanley Cup Championship Odds at Draftkings as of May 14:
  • Colorado Avalanche +450
  • Vegas Golden Knights +550
  • Toronto Maple Leafs +600
  • Carolina Hurricanes +700
  • Tampa Bay Lightning +700
  • Boston Bruins +1000
  • Pittsburgh Penguins +1300
  • Florida Panthers +1400
  • Washington Capitals +1700
  • Edmonton Oilers +2000
  • New York Islanders +2000
  • Minnesota Wild +2200
  • Montreal Canadiens +2900
  • Winnipeg Jets +3500
  • St. Louis Blues +3700
  • Nashville Predators +4000
Old 05-17-2021, 08:36 PM

Great showing by the Bruins tonight. Congrats to all you B's fans! (DRU!)
Old 05-17-2021, 09:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
IIRC, ...the North Stars lost the Cup Final to the Pens, back when the Pens won back to back.
Thanks Dru. Why don't you just "give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it."
Old 05-18-2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Whenever a cold replacement goalie comes into a game it's feast or famine. Anderson saved the day.

12pm EST the Pens/Islanders take to the ice. Go Crosby!
Bruins are still thinking pass a bit too much, you could put any one in there if they are going to keep that up. Carried over to game 2 until later in the game.

And Pasta is driving me insane. He touches the puck and it's just about an automatic turn over. That first power play line up has got to go, it's awful.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 05-18-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Great showing by the Bruins tonight. Congrats to all you B's fans! (DRU!)
Marchard has the most playoff points over the past 5 years and he came up big again last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
Thanks Dru. Why don't you just "give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it."
I had actually originally put that the Twins won in '91 in my post. The good old days with Puckett.
Old 05-18-2021, 05:34 PM

Default Boston

Go Bruins!!!
Old 05-19-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Go Bruins!!!
AE - how you doing? Game 3 tonight in Boston!

How about Marc-Andre Fleury with another playoff win, #82. 10 more wins and he's 3rd all time, currently 6th.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:30 AM

The Bruins pulled it out tonight to go up 2-1. Double overtime with the winning goal coming off a weird miscommunication between the goalie and defense. Yikes. These games can go either way. It's almost hard to watch. Good for you Bruins! The competition is tight and the boys are getting feisty on both sides. The refs? Well it is playoff hockey I suppose. Still, the refs let too much go and I don't think it is good for the game. Let 'em play but there are rules.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
The Bruins pulled it out tonight to go up 2-1. Double overtime with the winning goal coming off a weird miscommunication between the goalie and defense. Yikes. These games can go either way. It's almost hard to watch. Good for you Bruins! The competition is tight and the boys are getting feisty on both sides. The refs? Well it is playoff hockey I suppose. Still, the refs let too much go and I don't think it is good for the game. Let 'em play but there are rules.
Hard fought game with a lot of outstanding plays on both sides. That one mistake by the Caps was all it took for Boston to take advantage. Congrats to the Bruins, they earned it!

Yes, I agree that the officiating was atrocious! They just put their whistles away and let everything go. As you said, it's not good for the game, and I was wondering how long it would be until a player got hurt because of the laissez-fair attitude that the refs had obviously adopted concerning things like slashing, tripping, slew footing, roughing, etc. After the Bruins/Caps game ended I started watching the Oilers/Jets game and within 5 minutes saw a legitimate interference penalty called on a play that wouldn't have caused a ref in Boston to even raise an eyebrow. Unbelievable how inconsistent the officiating can be. Sheesh!!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 05-20-2021, 06:42 AM

The caps have seemed to be able to pounce on every mistake the Bruins make as well, so when they say it's a game of inches, they aint kidding.

Charlie Mac looses and edge, and goes down, and causes a bad turn over, BANG, Ovi gets a pass off that mistake and it's a goal.

B's get crossed uptat the blue line with a bad clearing pass, and that's the second goal.

It's a tight series. I expected nothing less.

The Bruins looked WAY better in Overtime than in that second half of the third period.

That was probably the worse 10 minutes of hockey I've ever seen this team play,, they were lucky to survive that mess.

The refs are the refs. Marchand needs to cut the crap. He's taken two very stupid and costly penalties doing "Marchand" stuff... which he seems to have gotten away from, so that needs to end.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 05-20-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
The caps have seemed to be able to pounce on every mistake the Bruins make as well, so when they say it's a game of inches, they aint kidding.

Charlie Mac looses and edge, and goes down, and causes a bad turn over, BANG, Ovi gets a pass off that mistake and it's a goal.

B's get crossed uptat the blue line with a bad clearing pass, and that's the second goal.

It's a tight series. I expected nothing less.

The Bruins looked WAY better in Overtime than in that second half of the third period.

That was probably the worse 10 minutes of hockey I've ever seen this team play,, they were lucky to survive that mess.

The refs are the refs. Marchand needs to cut the crap. He's taken two very stupid and costly penalties doing "Marchand" stuff... which he seems to have gotten away from, so that needs to end.
Three straight OT games. I didn't see the game but the stats showed that Bergeron had a rare night of losing more faceoffs than he won; 14/17. He had 7 SOGs though. How was he playing?

How about the Nazim Kadri hit? I can't believe this is the 3rd time in 4 consecutive years that he's going to be suspended in the playoffs. In person (zoom) meeting with the NHL. He's gonna get at least 5 games... and it'll cost him no salary and perhaps a $5k fine.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic