The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-09-2021, 07:54 AM
Charter Member

Default Anyone still using the Bose L1 Classic?

.... And how does it stack up now to the many many systems available now from EV, RCF, Turbosound, etc?
Old 06-09-2021, 08:19 AM

I do still use one. Has always worked fine and sounds nice.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

Loved my L1 Classic! First Bose I bought; found one used for a decent price, back in 2008, and loved it everytime I set up and played... didn't love the weight or awkward shape of the base unit (the Mushroom!), but it always served me well... until...

Someone stole the speakers (only) when I left my garage door up after a gig... this was in 2015 or so, and, although I was not the original owner, the guys at Bose hooked me up with a brand new L1 Model II for a really good price! Still have that Model II, still beats the pants off any other "stick" arrangement I've heard...

The Classic has more power than the Model II, but the Model II has incredible dispersion (better than the Classic) and the base unit is MUCH lighter...

Funny - altho' I was a bit put off by the lack of any reverb on the Classic, I quickly realized that I really didn't need it, as the Classic made use of every room's natural reverberation tendencies... plus, it was really good for my playing and singing to be "naked" through that rig... I found that I was using reverb and delay to "hide behind" when I performed, much more than I had thought prior...

If you can deal with the weight and shape of the base unit, the Classic is a terrific system!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification