The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-15-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseth View Post
Dirk (or anyone who knows?),

How does the hook-up happen? Do I cast something from my computer through some gizmo on my TV? What is the physical process of connecting You Tube TV?

I have a 36" flat screen Samsung "Smart" television that's about 5 years old now. On the home screen, I can get to You Tube, as well as Amazon Prime, etc. Will this handle the YT connection?

Thanks... just trying to "look before I leap"!

John
I just connect to it via AppleTV, and run all the apps through that. Netflix, Prime, Peloton, Zwift, games, whatever.

Here's a list of supported devices: https://tv.youtube.com/learn/devices/ Looks like you're right on the bubble, anything 2016 and later should support it. Assume they have a way to download additional apps?
Old 06-15-2021, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseth View Post
Dirk (or anyone who knows?),

How does the hook-up happen? Do I cast something from my computer through some gizmo on my TV? What is the physical process of connecting You Tube TV?

I have a 36" flat screen Samsung "Smart" television that's about 5 years old now. On the home screen, I can get to You Tube, as well as Amazon Prime, etc. Will this handle the YT connection?

Thanks... just trying to "look before I leap"!

John
A smart TV ought to be able to handle it provided you can download the latest app. But, don’t confuse YouTube with YouTubeTV. Different animal.
Old 06-15-2021, 09:23 PM

I GAVE my tv away a few years ago, I just watch whatever I find on the internet. I get all the news, weather, sports I want, plus plenty of interacting websites that keep me busy on current trends in new and used musical equipment. The minding numbing shows I can do without...$85 bucks a month for that junk is terrible to me...no way would I sign up for that.

Most recently I furnished my deck with great deals on beautiful rattan furniture for dirt cheap prices off of Facebook Marketplace. I've also been using Facebook Marketplace to sell of musical equipment I no longer use....no way would I go back to cable. Reverb . com is another one that has very interesting gear for sale, and can be used to sell stuff quickly if needed. You don't get that stuff with cable....
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic