The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-18-2020, 06:04 PM

Default Dual Source K&K Passive + Baggs Element Active

Anyone know if there's an impedance/bleed problem here?
Old 10-18-2020, 06:32 PM
Charter Member

That would depend on how your system is wired. If you wire the two pickups together to sum the signals before the K&K has gone through a preamp circuit (i.e., gain stage and impedance buffer) you may have some issues. If the K&K hits a preamp circuit before summing the two sources it should be fine.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
That would depend on how your system is wired. If you wire the two pickups together to sum the signals before the K&K has gone through a preamp circuit (i.e., gain stage and impedance buffer) you may have some issues. If the K&K hits a preamp circuit before summing the two sources it should be fine.
The K&K would remain passive, the Baggs would use it's own preamp. I'd like to switch between or blend them with a stereo cable into my Schatten Mini Pre 2. I'm doing this on two another guitars with a Fishman UST and K&K but both are passive. Really works well. Adds just a bit of snap to the K&K. The fact that the Baggs is active makes me question how well this would work.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification