The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-05-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound View Post
Thanks. Agreed the thru option eliminates the effects but it seemed Gibby liked the AER on its own... therefore my suggestion. You know, I never thought of the acoustic amp icon as indicating it was bypassed. The gains and eq’s and such remain active. Perhaps they are just indicating this is a straight no amp simulation setting. Long story short I have used the VL3 for years and generally favor the Body Res 1 with eq and such set for each of my guitars. I get a decent sound with some tweaking.
I definitely would like to use some of the guitar effects on the VL3, such as chorus, delay, bit of phaser and volum hit. Hence just going through is not really an option then, isnt it ?
The Pickers 43' Gibson LG-2, 09' Furch OM 32SM (custom) , 02' Martin J-40
The Beater 99' Cort Earth 100
What we do on weekends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/doubleshotprague
Old 11-05-2018, 02:24 PM
Charter Member

Correct and true
Old 11-06-2018, 10:54 AM

Actually Ive done more tweaking and now Im happy with the tone. Going through the 'no amp' setting, and further tweaking on the unit settings and also on the amp is giving me a tone on my J-150 that Im satisfied with.

I noticed one of the issues was that i orginally ran the VL3 in my 2nd room through a Marshall AS100D and a Hummingbird, which didnt give me a great tone.

When i ran the VL3 through the Maple J-150 and through the AER the tone was signficiantly better.

The learning curve and the tweaking on the VL3 has still a long way to go, there are just so many options, that its a bit like when going to a restaurant and having too many things on the menu ..... you just dont know what you want to choose.

But Ill spend more time over the weekend further tweaking and saving my favourite settings on the vocals and guitar front and get more familiar with the looper which ive not even touched yet.

Thanks for all your input folk, much appreciated !

Gibby
The Pickers 43' Gibson LG-2, 09' Furch OM 32SM (custom) , 02' Martin J-40
The Beater 99' Cort Earth 100
What we do on weekends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/doubleshotprague
Old 10-15-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound View Post
You can use the “guitar thru” input on the back to by pass the Guitar section and use the V3 to process your vocals and “listen” to your guitar for the vocal harmony guidance. That way you get the best of both for you...fine vocal processing and the AER guitar sound.
I am not familiar with where you would select “no amp” and would like to know if the poster of that comment can chime in.
When I connect to “GUITAR THRU” to my AER amplifier, I can’t use the looper functionality anymore for the guitar.
My questions, is the “GUITAR THRU” bypass the Voicelive3 looper?
Old 10-21-2020, 02:00 AM

Default vl3 and acoustic

I use two different solutions, according to the guitar I use.
I use the "acoustic" amp (someone call it no amp) and tweak lightly bass, middle and high;otherwise I tunr the amp OFF in the settings and use the external pre-amp (onboard or pedal). This way I can keep the looper functionality shaping the tone without using the vl3
Old 01-02-2021, 09:04 AM

Well this probably isn't an option you would be interested in, but I've sorta decided that since the VL3 has so many effects for the electric guitar, I'm going to use my Les Paul exclusively, and then choose one of the Bodyrez amp options for a more acoustic sound when preferred. I'm a huge Blues and Tony Joe White fan, so some of the electric guitar effects will work great for my music.

When I first got the VL3, I set the 491 Global Acoustic preset on "no amp" and on all the presets my acoustic guitar sounded OK but always the same. For some reason, the global setting got turned off and I started hearing all these cool electric guitar sounds and decided I could use several of them in my Blues and Classic Rock setlist.

So I've gone from exclusively using an acoustic guitar to exclusively using my Les Paul with several songs in the Bodyrez amp setting and several songs using some of the cool electric guitar effects.

Or.....maybe I'm just way out in left field. But I always enjoyed playing left field in my younger days anyway.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:50 PM

Default ...still life in this thread? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnvolfan5 View Post
to exclusively using my Les Paul with several songs in the Bodyrez amp setting and several songs using some of the cool electric guitar effects ....
Hi there,

Any chance you are still running this setup and would like to share your setting with me? I use the Voicelive 3 extreme as a vocal processor and I also have a les paul for my gigs, and it would make life easier to get the nice blues / rock sound for my guitar as well!

Thanks in advance!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification