The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-07-2020, 04:10 PM

Default Vintage Shorty from RS

Does anyone have one of the vintage model shorties yet? If so sure would love to hear your revue of it. I looked back on the forum and didn't see any.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
Does anyone have one of the vintage model shorties yet? If so sure would love to hear your revue of it. I looked back on the forum and didn't see any.
I've not seen anyone post with firsthand experience with the Vintage Shorty but Aaron Short covers the WS version pretty extensively here in the first video and then a short comparison between the V-OM1000NS and a Martin 000-18 in the second vid

Old 10-07-2020, 07:00 PM

The second video above is a "Vintage Shorty", except that the back and top is constructed like a Concert series. I think it is better sounding than the Martin.

The original shorty used fiberglass for select layers.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

Last edited by jonfields45; 10-08-2020 at 05:55 AM.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:39 PM

Thanks for putting that up, I put it on some good speakers and I actually think the Martin gets lower marks for sustain and volume, I am impressed by the tone of the V model, that wood infused top must have a warming affect, I actually don't hear the usual carbon ring in there. Pretty amazing really. The thing I find most desirable is the short scale and sting spacing, should be a good little practice guitar for flatpicking and Busking....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber