The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-02-2022, 09:29 AM
Charter Member

Default Fylde Single Malt Ordered (Goodfellow)

Just placed the deposit on Roger Bucknall's Fylde Single Malt - version 2 specs here: https://www.fyldeguitars.com/custom%...alt-ariel.html

I really like the updated spec. Will miss not having the pine for the top (in line with the whole Scotch whisky motif), but big fan of the reclaimed mahogany neck, ebony board, and the sinker redwood is no slouch either.

Wanted a 14 fret and solid peghead, so the body style will otherwise be a Goodfellow: https://www.fyldeguitars.com/goodfellow.html

I had a used SM Ariel a while back, but you know how those things go. Scratched the itch for good on this unique idea!
Old 05-02-2022, 11:23 AM
Charter Member

Great choice! I've admired that specific model for a while. Looking forward to pics. BTW, do you have one of the first Turnstone TD model guitars? I'm hoping to receive a pair of them in '23.

Last edited by Al Mojo; 05-02-2022 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Improve
Old 05-02-2022, 06:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Mojo View Post
Great choice! I've admired that specific model for a while. Looking forward to pics. BTW, do you have one of the first Turnstone TD model guitars? I'm hoping to receive a pair of them in '23.
Thanks, and I certainly do! Have been letting it adjust for a few months to the high altitude/post build break in. Should get it back from a setup later this week and intend to post a detailed review of the TD.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:10 AM
Charter Member

Ha ha...Anyone with a single malt is definitely a good fellow as far as I'm concerned!

Congrats on the upcoming build. Do you an idea of when the build will start?
Old 05-05-2022, 08:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
Ha ha...Anyone with a single malt is definitely a good fellow as far as I'm concerned!

Congrats on the upcoming build. Do you an idea of when the build will start?
Thanks! Should go well with the collection!

No clue, but delivery in two years...hoping sooner!
Old 05-06-2022, 06:04 AM

You must be very patient with Roger’s timeline. I ordered a Falstaff and made it thru 1 1/2 years but had to cancel when a pressing financial need for my daughter came up.
Your choice will be amazing I am sure!
Old 06-26-2022, 02:34 PM

The original Fylde Single Malts are already legendary imo for the looks and more importantly the sound?
What seemed like a gimmick to me originally was anything but so congratulations for having one in the pipeline

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop