The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-09-2020, 09:52 PM
Charter Member

I think you'll want to look at new interfaces, though with the current run on those, pickings are not great - just don't be in a hurry.

I just upgraded from a 2012 Mini to a 2019 (refurb) iMac, mainly for the ability to get more cores and memory so the little bit of video stuff I do doesn't take FOREVER like it did on the Mini.

The Mini had a FireWire port, and my old Focusrite 26 Pro works great on that. To use it on the iMac would require a couple Apple adapters (Firewire<->T-bolt2 to a T-bolt2<->T-bolt3) and no guarantee it would work, and certainly no support from the manufacturer of either piece. So, I'm shopping. (Using my F8n in the meantime - it works, but it's not doing what it was designed to do, or what I expect to need it to do again in a couple/few months.)

Been using Logic Pro X for a few years. i think it's great and the price is a bargain.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:08 AM

The RME Fireface UC is a nice pro-level interface that's still listed as a current product and will have up to date drivers for the latest Mac OS.

I would give Logic Pro X a chance it is very good value for money.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Old 05-14-2020, 09:00 AM
Charter Member

I agree Logic Pro X is the best buy for the $$ and an incredibly deep application. If you use the sounds, like piano, etc they are excellent. The Compressor, reverb and Vintage EQ plugs equally excellent.

V.10.5 was just released and has a bunch of new cool features that may or may not interest you. Live Loops looks very intriguing to me for composition.

I've had several DAW interfaces, the one I've been happiest w/ is the Audient iD14, great mic preamps and plenty of gain.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD