The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-07-2020, 10:26 AM
Charter Member

Default Best Recent Home Studio Purchase(!)

Recording acoustic while operating the recording software at my desk has been a a pain. I had tall gobos on movable clothes racks but they just didn't work, too difficult to get into position and cumbersome to work around w/ the boom stand, kept on bumping it everything, hard to reach the MacBook,..

Enter the Sterling VMS Audio Microphone Shield, what a great unit. Tall enough to clear my desk when on the mic stand, easy to move out of the way, easy to position for a natural playing position, easy to get into position and fine tune,..

It's nice and lightweight, doesn't make the stand all wonky and unbalanced,.. I know there's other brands out there and a variety of prices, this was $90 on sale w/ tax, etc. They make a smaller unit (UMS model) but the larger unit is the one to buy. Best upgrade for the $$s other than the Roswell Mini K47, loving this mic now.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:13 AM
Charter Member

I've been using the sE Electronics Reflexion Filter, which looks pretty similar...

It does a good job of decreasing room noise.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:39 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Interesting. Jim, how much was yours and have you tried it with the Spire with noticeable improvement?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD