The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-25-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
Never been there, but always wanted to see that area. We almost went there during this year's vacation. I'm really looking forward to the sights and sounds. With Bob and so many luthiers there we will be able to say know someone.
Be sure to get some ribs at The Rendezvous, see the ducks at the Peabody, visit Sun Studios.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:02 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP View Post
Be sure to get some ribs at The Rendezvous, see the ducks at the Peabody, visit Sun Studios.
I haven't had ribs in so many years. I might just have to convince Tim and Adrianne to order these and bring them to our room. Many people come to our wood room and take a big sniff. I plan to take a big sniff of the BBQ area, for sure.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:05 PM

This sounds really great. Now, who is "Bob"?
Old 05-30-2014, 09:15 PM

Fest website info is a bit spare.

Wonderful dream guitars someday:
Mark Blanchard Pinyon (00) Ad/Koa slothead 12fret contour cutaway, Mark Blanchard Sugarpine (000) Ad/Mad fan 12 fret contour cutaway w/Manzer wedge
Old 05-31-2014, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarrell View Post
This sounds really great. Now, who is "Bob"?
Bob Singer, he is putting on the festival. He is also an AGF sponsor (Your Dream Guitar) Knowing Bob this will be on par with Healdsburg...

Harv
Old 05-31-2014, 01:58 PM
AGF Sponsor

Yes, I agree with Harv.

The website is a bit sparse, but once he gets the details organized Bob is going to have an upscale website and guitar show. Healdsburg leaders are wonderfully kind to work with him to keep continuity ... for all of us.

Tim and I may have popped this information out a little to soon since all the facts are still in the process of getting in order. It's our fault. We got excited.

But, I'm OK with this. It's good to be excited!

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

[email protected]
Old 06-01-2014, 07:02 AM

I'm excited too Mary. Healdsburg is a four hour flight and then a two hour drive for me. Memphis is just a two hour drive. Shoot, we make that trip just for BBQ......more often than I'd like to admit.

Petros, Paragon, National, Martin, Rainsong, and Santa Cruz
Old 06-01-2014, 07:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

It won't be an easy drive for us, but it will be pretty and much less hassle than border crossing!

[email protected]
Old 06-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Charter Member

I think Memphis is a great choice for a new guitar festival. Its just oozing with music history and still vibrant to this day. Several folks have mentioned Stax, Sunn, R&B museum, the Rendevous etc. and those are not to be missed. You can also tour the Gibson factory on Beale St. where they manufacture the ES-335 and 339. I look forward to more details and will plan to attend.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:42 PM

Smile Website...a bit bare...

I agree Tim & Harv, the site is a bit bare....but it's over a year away! I'm just finishing up with luthiers, that page should be completed with all the links in 30 days, then the workshops 30 days after that. We're quite a bit away from people buying tickets, so the shopping cart won't go up until this fall. Meeting with Memphis people Mon-Wed for photo ops at Graceland and trying to squeeze a bit more space out of the hotel. I will post more Thursday when I get back from Memphis...will be on a new thread...look for it!

Both Tim/Mary & Harv are doing something special for the show that I am really excited about!!! Thanks so much!

It's going to be a fabulous event, hope to see you all there!!!!

Bob Singer
Too Many Guitars to list, but they are all from luthiers on the list except for some old Martins.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:33 PM
AGF Sponsor

I first heard about this show yesterday, in an email from Bevan Frost (Big Hollow Guitars). Then, Bob Singer emailed me tonight. Anybody know if there are any published details yet, like, is this an invitational, or do you have to apply for an exhibitor slot, and how much the fees are? This sounds like it has a lot of promise. The website is under construction, not much info there yet.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:08 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
I first heard about this show yesterday, in an email from Bevan Frost (Big Hollow Guitars). Then, Bob Singer emailed me tonight. Anybody know if there are any published details yet, like, is this an invitational, or do you have to apply for an exhibitor slot, and how much the fees are? This sounds like it has a lot of promise. The website is under construction, not much info there yet.
Drop me an email and I will put you in contact with Bob. Table prices are comparable to HB and Montreal. I think exhibitor head count may be limited for the first show as Bob tests the waters.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:05 PM

Default 2015 Memphis Guitar Festival

There is more information available online at
http://www.memphisguitarfest.com/About.html

Bob
Old 06-06-2014, 12:47 AM
Charter Member

Default Number of Luthiers

Would love to see the luthier count increase to a number closer to Healdsburgs's 81 steel string builders (116 or so were there representing all instruments), including some of the up and comers like Mark Hatcher. Glad to see Joel Stehr chiming in with his intent.

This event is sorely needed, guitar fans and the industry. I am happy you are making it happen! Thank you! I will be coming from California and bringing some newbies.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop