The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Tampa pulled their goalie with what, 6 minutes left in the game? 3 empty net goals and I believe Tampa also scored one with the extra attacker.

Montreal / Toronto tonight. I still can't believe Montreal took out Toronto in last season's playoffs in the first round.
Tampa scored 2 with the extra attacker, but gave up 3 empty netters. Cooper's math didn't work for The Lightning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Yeah, I don't know what was going on. Pulling the goalie is a desperation play in my book but to suffer three empty netters because of it is just crazy IMO.

I didn't realize that Guentzel was out too. Wow.

BTW, how did the Kraken do? I understand they had several players out with you-know-what.
Pulling the goalie with over 6 minutes left in the game did seem a desperate move to me, but The Pens who were winning 3-0 had thoroughly dominated play up to that point in the game, and I think Lightning HC John Cooper was using that strategy, at least in part, to wake up his team. It seemed to work initially as the Lightning scored their first goal of the game, but as he continued to pull the goalie The Pens countered with their empty netters and put the game away.

Apparently The Kraken fell behind by 3 goals and then rallied to tie the game, only to lose to Vegas 4-3. At least a couple of their players that had been in the not-to-be-mentioned protocol were cleared to play in the game including ex-Pen Jarrod McCann who scored a goal.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-14-2021, 01:17 PM

Just released NHL Franchise values. All original 6. None of these teams are surprises. The prices of franchises has skyrocketed over the years, even with inflation factored in.
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs - $2 B
  2. New York Rangers - $1.87 B
  3. Montreal Canadiens - $1.5 B
  4. Chicago Blackhawks - $1.36 B
  5. Boston Bruins - $1.31 B
Old 10-14-2021, 03:53 PM

Been a NJ Devils fan since they moved from Colorado and rebranded. Our team is looking to turn the corner and play meaningful games come the end of the season. Jack Hughes is looking like he will be a superstar. We are very strong down the middle with all centers being first round picks. Our 3rd Center, Dawson Mercer made the team out of camp and has been perhaps the steal of the draft.

We have also picked up elite defensemen Dougie Hamilton, and our defense could be one of our strenghts now.

I'm super excited. I'm going to see then in NJ against the Kracken in a few days, then in Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale in November.
Old 10-14-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydobbers View Post
Been a NJ Devils fan since they moved from Colorado and rebranded. Our team is looking to turn the corner and play meaningful games come the end of the season. Jack Hughes is looking like he will be a superstar. We are very strong down the middle with all centers being first round picks. Our 3rd Center, Dawson Mercer made the team out of camp and has been perhaps the steal of the draft.

We have also picked up elite defensemen Dougie Hamilton, and our defense could be one of our strenghts now.

I'm super excited. I'm going to see then in NJ against the Kracken in a few days, then in Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale in November.
I think The Devils will surprise a lot of fans and teams in the Metro this year. They've got a really talented young core with Hughes, Hischier, Sharangovich, Wood and others. Hamilton was also a great add. Fun team to watch!

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-15-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydobbers View Post

I had NJ Devils season tickets the first year they moved to the Prudential Center, back in 2007-08. I was a big Martin Brodeur fan.

Dougie Hamilton is an elite defenseman. I hope he fits in and things work out well for him in NJ.

How's PK Subban looking this year? He seems to have fallen off the radar.
Old 10-15-2021, 04:57 PM

The Devils open the season tonight at home against The Blackhawks who lost to The Avalanche earlier this week.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-15-2021, 08:38 PM

Final in OT Devils-4, Blackhawks-3. Jack Hughes and Dougie Hamilton looking very good!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-16-2021, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Final in OT Devils-4, Blackhawks-3. Jack Hughes and Dougie Hamilton looking very good!
Yea, Hughes and Hamilton were the first and second stars. Hamilton was a +3... Subban was a -1 with 5 giveaways. His past two seasons, both with NJ, have been terrible. I hope he can regain some of his previous scoring touch.

Bruins first game is tonight. Not sure how the team will do this year.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Yea, Hughes and Hamilton were the first and second stars. Hamilton was a +3... Subban was a -1 with 5 giveaways. His past two seasons, both with NJ, have been terrible. I hope he can regain some of his previous scoring touch.

Bruins first game is tonight. Not sure how the team will do this year.
Subban might be done as a premier player. His last season with The Preds wasn't all that and a bag of chips either so there's a growing body of evidence that he's declining fairly quickly.

I think The Bruins will have a good year. Bergeron and Marchand are aging gracefully, and they have Pasta, Hall and McAvoy adding their elite talents. Goaltending could determine how far the team goes. Swayman and Ullmark are yet to be tested, and it just feels strange that Rask isn't around. At least The Bruins have The Senators, Redwings and Sabres to beat up on in their division which should help.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-17-2021, 06:26 AM

So far, so good for The Bruins, as they beat The Stars 3-1. Marchand with a couple of goals and Swayman solid in net.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-17-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
So far, so good for The Bruins, as they beat The Stars 3-1. Marchand with a couple of goals and Swayman solid in net.
Yea, great night for Boston fans last night (Bruins and Red Sox). Marchand and Bergeron should have great years. I hope that Bergeron can pull in another Selke trophy.

McDavid had a hat trick last night. Edmonton needs to go past the first round of the playoffs this year or there will be another major shakeup there.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

Oilers. Hard to call them a trendy pick but I think they'll be one of the big storylines this season. They should beat up on a relatively weak Pacific division so, as Dru said, an early exit from playoffs would be disappointing. Not having seen them play much the last 2 years, their D looks ok on paper but uninspiring and I'm not sure they have enough there. That and whether guys on lines 2 through 4 take that proverbial step up, which every team hopes for. Anybody been watching them...?
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 10-18-2021, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Oilers. Hard to call them a trendy pick but I think they'll be one of the big storylines this season. They should beat up on a relatively weak Pacific division so, as Dru said, an early exit from playoffs would be disappointing. Not having seen them play much the last 2 years, their D looks ok on paper but uninspiring and I'm not sure they have enough there. That and whether guys on lines 2 through 4 take that proverbial step up, which every team hopes for. Anybody been watching them...?
I'll be rooting for the Oilers. I'm a huge McDavid fan (just next to Crosby) and I want him to succeed and ultimately win a Cup.

Brad Marchand scored Boston's first goal of the season on a penalty shot. Great way to ring in the new season.

Saddened that Nathan MacKinnon is going to miss a few games, including against Ovechkin.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:30 AM

The Pens remain undefeated in regulation, but lose to The Stars 2-1 in a shootout. Both teams played a tight defensive game with very few high danger scoring chances allowed. On the few occasions when that happened both goalies made great saves. Alexander Radulov got the game winner in the shootout. Wow, that guy has "sick" hands!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-20-2021, 03:54 PM

Mike Bossy - sad to hear he has lung cancer and has to step away from being a tv hockey analyst for treatment. Best of luck Mike!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic