The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-04-2006, 10:55 PM

Default Juan Reinier Da Montagne

I have a Juan Reinier Da Montagne Nylon String Guitar, it was custom made in the 70s...Was wondering if anyone could help me to find out if the guitar maker is still around and anything about the guitar Thanks
Old 05-12-2008, 09:32 PM

Default Juan Renier Da Montagne

When I was a kid in Melbourne Australia, Juan was my teacher and he made my guitar for me in 1963. There are a number of his guitars in circulation in Australia but they are hard to get hold of and are not cheap...they continue to be well regarded by anyone who appreciates a great instrument. I recently had my guitar repaired and strangely enough the guy who repaired it bought all of Juan's workshop gear before he left Australia, which I think was around 1964-65. Juan was not a particularly well guy in the 1960s and he would have passed away by now. He was not only a great guitar maker he was also an extremely talented player.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:07 AM

Default Juan Reiniener Da Montagne

I thought after coming across this forum I might be able to add a little information.
I worked with Juan or more commonly known then as Joe for several years manufacturing guitar amplifiers and teaching door to door guitar lessons.
Joe at this time was building guitars for Rose Morris Music. He had a small
workshop at his home in Morwell Ave Bundoora Vic. His shop was on Plenty Rd Preston just by the tram terminus.He ran this shop for several years untill
his health worsened. At this stage he sold up his house and business and he and his wife Helma & baby returned to Holland. I lost contact with him at this stage. I notice there is still somebody manufacturing guitars under the name
of da montagne in holland.Joe was born in Holland under the name of Juan Van da Hoovel, it means of the mountain, the same meaning as da montagne.
I dont know about the spanish connections as he spoke fluent spanish. Obviosly he spent a lot of time in spain.
I hope this may add a little more information about a fine guitar manufacturer and a brilliant player.

Bill Smith

Last edited by William R Smith; 06-18-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:55 AM

Default montagne

als je iets wilt weten over juan montagne neem dan contact op met
[email protected]
ik zal dan graag al uw vragen beantwoorden

mvg rm vd heuvel (montagne) zoon van
Old 01-04-2022, 03:21 PM

Smile Juan Reinier De Montane Guitar

I just saw one of his guitars for sale at Upfront Guitars in Bellingham, MA.
https://www.upfrontguitars.com/shop/...-x60857135.htm

looks really nice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical