The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-15-2020, 07:43 AM

Question Selling Di Giorgio no.38 Nixon strong guitar

Hey guys, I’m looking to sell my classical nylon string guitar. It’s a Di Giorgio no. 38 Classical guitar made in 2005, bought in Brazil.

I looked up the make specs on Di giorgios website and it came up with: Classical Guitar no. 38 made in 2005, CLASSIC Acoustic Guitar, Nylon Strings, Zebrano Case and Canadian Spruce Top. Scale in Pau Ferro with 19 frets in Alpaca and Golden Tarraxas. BiLateral tensioner.

I found my model (same year, worse condition, looked identical to mine) for sale on eBay for about $700 USD. I also heard Di Giorgio is or was the “best guitar manufacturer in Brazil” but the guitars have been made in China since the 1980’s or something.

So is $700 USD a reasonable price? Does the info provided help value the guitar? Or does anyone have any advice for selling? ie. take it to an instrument reseller.

Appreciate any feedback.
Cheers 🙂
Old 07-15-2020, 08:07 PM

Hi there, Brazilian guitar player here. The 38 has got a solid top if I can remember. And that's about it

Nothing really "unique" except for the fact it's "Brazilian". I mean, bought in Brazil. A Di Giorgio made in 2005 was definitely made in China - no problems with that, it's just not "made in Brazil".

Di Giorgio's luthier series, along with Giannini's, were the guitars around here. Not anymore, they mainly focus on the entry level instruments.

The $700 figure is absurd. If you want to try a long shot, R$1,000 (Brazilian Reais) would be it. In dollars, that would be around $200.

Hope it helps. Let me know if you need more information.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:46 PM

Hey there, yeah I thought $700 was a bit much 😆. Thanks for the advice. Have a good one!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical