The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-19-2016, 08:53 PM

Default Emerald X7 Nylon

Hi All,
Has anyone played an Emerald X7 Nylon? I am thinking of getting one and I am wondering how those who have played it felt about it.
Barb
Old 12-21-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Has anyone played an Emerald X7 Nylon? I am thinking of getting one...
I think that's a great idea Would the neck widths be the same as the X20 nylon, with the X7 scale?

Jim
Old 12-21-2016, 12:51 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCA View Post
I think that's a great idea Would the neck widths be the same as the X20 nylon, with the X7 scale?

Jim
I can't say for sure, but most likely as a standard model. If not, Emerald will most assuredly produce one with the specs you want, though there would probably be an upcharge. In addition to their overall great offerings, their flexibility is an important aspect of what makes Emeralds so attractive.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:28 PM

Default Emerald X7 Nylon

I have been thinking about this too!

The link from the Emerald website says this was a custom order.
http://emeraldguitars.com/portfolio/...v=7516fd43adaa

The web site also has the costs for modifications such as scale and nut size.

I know there are many caveats to judging an instrument from a Youtube recording. However, in the absence of ever hearing one in person, this is the best we can do.

Here is a link of a recording of the X7 nylon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVrF-FcXC-g

I hope that helps.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:05 AM
Charter Member

I have an X10 nylon. Very nice and the perfect volume for my purposes. I would wonder if the X7 would be "volume challeged" since the nylon strings are not as loud as steel.

Also, wasn't there some posts from Evan in this thread? Something about selling his X10N-OS? I thought that was a near perfect guitar for him and would be curious as to why the thought of selling. And what happened to the posts?
Old 12-24-2016, 10:20 AM
Guest 928

Strumalot;

Yes, my X10-OSN is about as good as it gets. I've had a hankering for a thin-body, nylon string, no sound hole, electric guitar and was thinking of maybe selling the X10 to help raise the money. I was speaking hypothetically but it was taken as a type of advertisement and pulled from the forum--I agree with the pull since such hypothetical discussion could very well detract support for the advertisements section of forum. There is an integrity to the withdrawal that I appreciate.

As far as the X10, it is not going anywhere soon. My conjecturing was based on trying to keep my stable to two guitars and the notion that one should be an electric, which would mean that one of my two acoustics would have to go. I tried to convince one CF luthier to make the electric but the estimated cost went well beyond my guitar budget.

So, I have turned to wood for an electric guitar of the sort I would like in
CF and it looks like I will end up with three guitars (plus the ones my father-in-law and I have made). I'm having a hard time keeping the herd at a reasonable size.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber