The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-20-2016, 02:52 PM
Guest 928

No, you can't have one. It's the only one and it's all mine. And boy, is it sweet.

Kidding aside, like 2New ,I thought from previous conversations that the X10 was on its way out of the ashes. It may be that Alistair would like to make a few changes before he pushes the 10 into production. I know that one of the big decisions was whether to go with the off-set sound hole: If I were to order another nylon 10 I'd go with the traditional center hole--just to have a true comparison point. Or maybe he's considering ways to eliminate the heel? Or maybe he likes the old model enough to keep it rolling? Or maybe he's too darn busy to think about another production model at this time?

Maybe we should all go to Ireland and sweat it out of him.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Maybe we should all go to Ireland and sweat it out of him.
Road trip....guitars and golf clubs...yee haw
Old 04-20-2016, 04:43 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2guitar_eh View Post
Road trip....guitars and golf clubs...yee haw
...and beer and whiskey!
Old 05-07-2016, 07:11 AM

Hey Alistair/Sean,

Lots of chatter on this and other threads about Evan's X10 nylon. Can you comment if this will indeed become a production model at some point, or if more refinement is occurring, or if Evan has been touched be leprechaun luck and will have the only one.

Seems there is a reasonable amount of interest in nylon CF at this time

Thanks,

Robert
Old 05-22-2016, 08:32 AM

Sean/Alistair,

Any updates on a production version of the X10 nylon?

Thanks,

Robert
Old 05-22-2016, 06:25 PM
Guest 928

No, Robert. There are no more of these. I have the only one in the universe. Perhaps, if you offered me great gobs of money, I might sell you this incredible X10-OSN. I mean really big gobs of money. But still and all, you can take some consolation in the fact that you can look at the pictures--without charge. G A S S S S S
Old 05-23-2016, 08:02 AM

Hey Sean/Alistair,

You can see Evan is being a bully . Can you please tell him he is not so special and there will indeed be a production version
Old 05-23-2016, 08:43 AM

Dear All,

First of all, my apologies for only now getting a chance to get back to you on your questions. There has been a lot happening here at Emerald Guitars HQ, so I have brand new news to give you today!

We have been busy over the past few months redeveloping our range - you may have seen that we added the X20-7, X20-12, X20 Baritone and the X20 Nylon to our standard range in January and they will all now also be available as Lefty! http://www.emeraldguitars.com/acoustic/

I can now reveal to you that we are currently finishing a number of further moulds - We have redeveloped our Acoustic Bass, the XB-35, our Synergy Uke and are also adding a full size Synergy Harp Guitar, based on the X20, to our standard range!

As the redesign and redevelopment of our X20 range, as well as the addition of new models to our standard range having taken up all of our time, the redevelopment of the X10 and X30 had to take a back seat. This will be done in the near future and will more than likely go down the same line as the X20.

Before that, however, we will have another major new product to present to you, which we can’t reveal to you just, yet, but it’s a big one!! ;-)

In the meantime, if you have any questions regarding our products you welcome to email me directly any time on [email protected] or here by direct message.

Best Wishes

Sean
Old 05-23-2016, 12:02 PM
Guest 928

New2;

I hope you realize that for the Irish the "near future" might be a couple of hundred years from now. In the meantime--great, great gobs of money for the one and only X10-OSN. This is so fun!
Old 05-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

You guys are cracking me up!

Evan has a cool guitar and I want one, too! Waaaahhhhhh!

Ha ha! I have the only one in the universe and you are a loser!

I'm gonna tell Sean and Alistair on you!

Ha ha, loser! Here is a photo of me with my cool guitar - notice it is ME and NOT you.

Sean: now kids, let's everyone play nice. We make cool guitars for everyone who wants one. It just takes time. Oh, and we are making something SO cool... and we're not going to tell you what it is! But, you're going to want it.

Group: Waaaahhhhhh! We want that cool thing Sean is talking about!

----------------------------

What happens when Sean tells you it's a banjo???

Old 05-23-2016, 01:23 PM

Emerald- Making playing the banjo cool again
Old 05-23-2016, 02:14 PM

Maybe... a Jumbo.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
A number of people have indicated that they thought my review of the X10-OSN was somewhat flat. Well hay! I spent a number of years extolling the virtues of my X10N and several years in discussing this new and improved model. When it finally got here, there was little left to be said--it's met its expectations.

I've been playing with a Banjo, two mandolins, and several guitars, on Sunday afternoons, under the cottonwood trees in the park. The X10-OSN is an incredible instrument. I can get right with the Banjo player in terms of projection and I can play sweet enough for the mandolins .

Alistair has a winner with the X10 build. It is comfortable, it sounds beyond its comfortable size, and plays much like an electric--easy, smooth, and as high as you want to go.

Hi Evan & All,

Do you know what brand of strings come on the Rainsong nylon parlor??? Did you like them??? What would you recommend for this guitar... What do you use???

Curious...new to nylon strings...

Txs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2016, 06:23 PM
Guest 928

Fixed;

Good question. I don't know. The nylon string CF instruments are a new ballgame and I don't think there has been emuch xploration into the string effects. Whatever strings on the RS are pretty nice and I'm getting a lot of mileage on them. Someday I'll look into them. In the meantime I'm starting at ground zero.

For example, My new X10-OSN came with whatever strings, and they have been OK. But I've just started with my own trials; D'Addario, EJ46, nylon core, hard tension, silver plated wound. Got to try those. I'll run them until they die.

I normally do not like hard tension strings--they tend, in my estimation, to enhance volume but lose warmth. I decided to start my string changes with hard tension because strings, like guitars, have been going through a lot of change.

It looks to me like people with CF guitars have a wide-open field in terms of strings; and strings make a big difference.

So I have no advice. But I thought I'd tweak New2 with all the fun I'm having with the only X10-OSN in the universe.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:55 PM

I consider myself duly tweaked....now where is the production version of the X10 nylon already

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber