The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

Default I'm Giving Away My New CD!!!

Hi Folks!
Because I enjoy myself so much here at the AGF I'm giving away 5 copies of my new double disc, "Sunny Side Up," for free! I'll mail it right to your door. No strings attached. OK, one string, a guitar trivia question!

You can read about the CD here:

http://www.mattwahl.com/sunnysideupcd.html

This is open to all AGF folks in the USA, Lower 48 states. Sorry to everyone else but this way I can put stamps on the boxes and send them out. I'm packing for a 7 week tour so I want to make this as simple as possible.

PLEASE SEND THE ANSWERS TO ME VIA A PRIVATE MESSAGE!!!

Sorry to shout but if you post them here that kind of ruins it for the other folks.

It's a 3 part question that has to do with the original Jimmy Buffett signature Martin. The HD-18, NOT the Pollywog or Shellback! Here goes:

1) How many of these guitars did Martin make?

2) How did they arrive at that number?

3) If they did this today, using the same formula, how many would they have to make? (Meaning if they made a signature guitar for Jimmy today and made a certain number, based on the reason for the first number, how many would they make?) Note: there are two possible correct answers for #3.

The first 5 people to send me the correct answers for all three parts of the question IN A PM (with their address) get a copy of the CD. All answers have to be in before noon Eastern Time tomorrow, Sunday, July 12th so I can get them boxed up and out the door on Monday.

I'm taking my son to the pool so I'll be gone for a bit but I'll post here as soon as we have 5 winners. Again, please don't post the answers on here. Send them in a PM so others can play too.

Have fun!
Matt
Old 07-11-2009, 11:07 PM

COOLEST contest is a while! Excellent Matt!
Old 07-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTX View Post
COOLEST contest is a while! Excellent Matt!
Thanks Mike!
And thanks to those who played along. The answer are:

1) 424
2) 424 Flemming is the address of the original Margaritaville restaurant and store in Key West, FL
3) Either 500 or 424. He has moved his Key West restaurant to 500 Duval Street but his business address is still 424 Flemming so if they redid this today I guess he could go with either address.

Matt
Old 01-23-2010, 02:07 PM

Matt.....

I remember that thread and unfortunately was in a hurry when I listened to the songs on your cd. Probably didn't even realize I could jump ahead and listen to the music (you were talking at the beginning of each song). I just went back to that thread and I like your stuff. Post again some time. I'll certainly give it more of a listen next time. Thanks for all of the thoughts......

EDIT: OOPS! Just realized I'm in the wrong thread responding.

Last edited by 66strummer; 01-23-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:42 PM

That's some cool stuff, Matt. I wish I was around more back then to get in on the free CD. I'll look it up on iTunes. I gotta get me some of that.

YouTube (GuiTuber)
SoundCloud

My modest collection:
Hohner HGK-512 (no strings; lifted bridge)
Yamaha FG720S-12, w/ p'ups
Alvarez AJ60S, w/ p'ups
Ibanez AEB5 acoustic bass

Pickups: JBB-Electronics Prestige 330 (SBT) - finest quality at half the price

Recording gear:
Focusrite Saffire 6
MXL 990 and 991 condensor mics

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell