The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-23-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Homan View Post
I just discovered this thread; thanks for resurrecting it. I have been enjoying getting to know some of you players through the videos. More of this!

Here's a link to a video I have on YouTube of me playing an original piece called "Recollection." As the note says, it is a reduction of a choral piece I wrote for my church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seVZkHKh9J4
Nice playing Rick. What type of guitars are featured in your videos? I saw a spruce and a cedar topped cutaway classical.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2PraiseHim View Post
Nice playing Rick. What type of guitars are featured in your videos? I saw a spruce and a cedar topped cutaway classical.
Thanks, P2PH! The nylon cutaway I play on "Shenandoah" is actually a spruce-top with an orangey stain. It's a Montalvo which belongs to a friend -- a very nice guitar.

The nylon cutaway I play on my tune, "Recollection," has a label inside which says "Siempre." It was advertised on eBay has having a solid spruce top with a "Buy It Now" price of $199. I am fairly sure it is all-solid with rosewood b&s, and I think it sounds quite nice.

It was clearly a factory second, with flaws in the sprayed finish and need of a set-up, so I am guessing someone was liquidating. When you go to the Siempre website and click on "Contact Us," you find an address in New Jersey. When you Google-map the address and use street-view it's a Honda dealer. So, who knows what brand it really is?
Old 10-15-2010, 11:53 AM

One more very "brazilian" piece. It is in a traditional brazilian northeast rithm called "Baião".
But Guerra-Peixe is one of our most respected "classical" composers.
So its a classical piece with traditional and popular music influence, a nice fusion, at least for me.

Some mistakes all around, sorry about that: http://www.4shared.com/audio/qTg22I8N/Preludio_5.html

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical